• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Hydraulic hand pump for Federal Wheel skis.

eviens

Eagle River AK.
I have a complete Hydraulic Hand Pump for Federal Wheel Skis that came out of my 180 that i am thinking about selling.
Does anyone have any idea on what is a fair price?
Thanks Ernie.

When I was helping Windonhisnose rebuild his skis, Wipaire wanted a totally ridiculous amount just for a set of O-rings. I think these pumps originally were military surplus. Parker made one that looks identical to Randy's. Here is one, maybe not quite like yours, on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OLD-STO...sh=item4d2be55e4b:g:L-wAAOSwm8VUtrc6&vxp=mtrs

This is the info about Randy's pump & valve just for comparison.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pump & Valve Info.jpg
    Pump & Valve Info.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,727
  • Parker Hand Pump Info.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • P1150959.JPG
    P1150959.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 1,764
  • P1150973.JPG
    P1150973.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 1,690
  • P1150986.JPG
    P1150986.JPG
    234.3 KB · Views: 1,812
  • P1150999.JPG
    P1150999.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,875
Parker still makes them. Look on their web site. I found a current production version of the one that came with my AWB 2500 skis

MTV

ANY respectable hydraulics shop will rebuild this pump. Just don't say "airplane"!

That's a desirable pump. Somebody here will want it. What's a fair price for you? I may buy it!

That is a 914 pump. I sold mine for 100 bucks. They show up on Ebay from time to time and sell for 75 to 150 give or take. I'm currently using a 910 pump for floats. Those show up less often and go for 200 or so.

Bill

That is a 914 pump. I sold mine for 100 bucks. They show up on Ebay from time to time and sell for 75 to 150 give or take. I'm currently using a 910 pump for floats. Those show up less often and go for 200 or so.

Bill

We've discussed these pumps before. The Parker Store has the pumps but nobody ever had a good source for the switch valves. What are you using on the 910?

Thanks. I've had skis down/wheels down selectors on my hydraulic skis. I've often wished I could pump just the left wheel down for tight turn-arounds on skis. I've never had any luck when searching for valves. This helps.

Stewart

Well.....in that case....this valve will not work. It has four outlets but internally it is effectively set up so that it only has 2 positions. Up and down so to speak. A = inlet from your pump high pressure B = Down line (C becomes the return inlet where it is routed to go out of D to the reservoir
C = Up line (now B becomes the return fluid where it is routed to go back to the reservoir out of D D = Fluid return outlet.
Hope this makes sense. I think I understand what you want, (excellent idea) but I don't know which valve that would be. Perhaps the link above to the Swagelok website will allow you to find the valve you need. Or perhaps use two of these valves plumbed separately.

Hope this helps

Bill

Last edited:
You don't need special plumbing to operate one ski at a time. With Fli-Lite style skis, just hold the brake on the ski you want to stay in position and the other one will pump up. With the Federal/Fluidyne style, you can 'load' the ski you want to stay down by pulling down on that side's wing strut. Both methods "unload" the pump pressure resistance to the ski you want to retract.

I've heard of the tricks for pumping one Fluidyne but usually I'm skis down and want to make a tight turn so the plumbing solution is more convenient. A friend has a second valve on his pump and his capability to lift one ski and turn on a dime is what I'm after. It'll be included in my next hydraulic ski installation.

Stewart, talk to Josh. He's got that figured out for the Beaver and it's very nice for turning.

Stewart, Install a ball valve in one of the two lines to each ski. Then just shut one off for the ski that you wish to not move. These are available in 1/8"NPT at your local Aircraft Components Enterprises. If they don't stock them smaller than 1/4", they will order them for you. I use them for parking brake valves.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Seccion_valvula_de_bola.jpg
    Seccion_valvula_de_bola.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1,467
I realize this post is very old. But I just bought a pump and paid almost $2000cdn. When I enquired about a new one I was directed to the Parker 914 model and it would be over $3200 Canadian. So where is this $150 pump?

Ebay. And if you try hard, Or send it to us we can make it look like this again.

IMG_5666 1.JPGIMG_5672 1.JPG
IMG_5671 1.jpgIMG_5670 1.JPG
IMG_5673 1.JPGIMG_5683.jpg

Here is one on eBay now.

Attachments

• IMG_5683.jpg
    IMG_5683.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_5673 1.JPG
    IMG_5673 1.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_5672 1.JPG
    IMG_5672 1.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_5671 1.jpg
    IMG_5671 1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_5670 1.JPG
    IMG_5670 1.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_5666 1.JPG
    IMG_5666 1.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 261
These are available in 1/8"NPT at your local Aircraft Components Enterprises. If they don't stock them smaller than 1/4", they will order them for you. I use them for parking brake valves.
attachment.php

Ive been looking for an affordable parking brake solution. Thanks!

Ball valve is simple solution. If you want to go more authentic, one just popped up on the stick and rudder Aircraft exchange on Facebook for $38.

IMG_3662.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Attachments

• IMG_3662.JPG
    IMG_3662.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 393
Back