• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Baumann 1500

Todd long

Minneapolis
Hoping someone might have drawings or instructions for baumamn 1500 floats on a standard j3. They currently have rigging from a Legend Cub.

I have BF1500s on my J-3 (extremely happy too) and I'm pretty sure that the rigging and struts are the same as the Legend. Are yours completely dissassembled? I have Atlee Dodge weld on fittings and they bolt up in no time. I just take my time in rigging the wires to a nice tone. I could measure my rigging for you but give me time as it's over an hour to get to the plane from home. Like I said, you won't be dissappointed. The most rewarding flying is in store for you.
Denny

Measurements would be great. They are disassembled. Currently the j3 has Edo 1320s. The extra flotation and lockers will be nice to have. I read the legend has slightly different dimensions from a real cub. Not sure by how much.

Are those floats going on his J3 or mine? He was telling me about them yesterday.....

He'd sell them. But I think he wants to try them for a year. After all that work making the 1320s mint. They are at my place. Pretty nice shape.

I have a set of Baumann 1500s and the installation drawings for Cub Crafters. Mine have Tcraft rigging plus extra strut material to make Cub rigging. It's pretty easy since the Baumann struts I have are all bolted together. All for sale if interested.

Jim

So finally getting around to trying to install the 1500's. Does anyone have a J4 POH supplement for the Baumanns?

I might have what you want. I took off 1500 straights and put on amphib. Unfortunately they were on a Tcraft.

I have a j3 with a 90hp I just purchased. I am looking for baumann 1500s. What is the current asking price? I've been searching and since discontinued info is scarce for me.

Jim
looking at old posts just wondering if the Baumann 1500 floats are still available and if so what is your asking price ?

Back