• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Eclipse E80 Starter Overhaul

coxcub

PATRON
Devon, England
Folks - not strictly 'Super Cub' though it does share a hangar with one :smile:

With the wealth of knowledge and expertise on here perhaps someone may know where I can get an Eclipse E80-756-56 24 volt starter on my Ranger engine overhauled. It is a rare beast and parts appear to be close to non existent - paperwork is not required.

Maybe there is a real expert who works at home in his back shed out there.

Thanks all

Frank

I use them on my 1340's. S&T Aircraft accessories in New Braunfels TX does mine. they are not cheap to OH tho.

Al Ball down in Santa Paula Calif is the big Kinner guru, but I understand he also knows Rangers very well. 805-525-9464
I googled up a shop over there in England which specializes in inline engines, mainly Gypsy's but maybe they have some Ranger experience: Michael Vaisey of Vintage Engine Technology at Little Gransden Airfield in Sandy Belfordshire. Phone +44 (0) 1767 651794.
Seems like a lot of numbers, some of that may be the international calling code?

Try Rex Ford at Seething just south of Norwich. He deals with a lot of vintage kit. There are many shops on the USA to handle this. Al Ball would likely send it out to Van Nuys or Burbank CA. I'll be there Thursday if you want me to ask him. Send a pm if so...

Spoke with AL Ball at Santa Paula CA recently. He and his son Brad bought the E-80 tools necessary for overhaul at an auction for the closed Aero Engines in LA. You need these tools to set these starters up. They have them.

[h=1]Antique Aero Engines[/h]20 Curtiss Taxi
Santa Paula, CA 93060 - View Map
Phone: (805) 525-9464

Back