• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Soybean Stubble 850 Tires vs. Bushwheels

Anyone have experience with 850 tires or Bushwheel durability

I don't think you'll have any trouble on soy bean Stubble...(Hey, that rhymed.... I do it all the time.....Poet and didn't know it....)

I have landed on the stubble up here on 8.50s with no problem. Bushwheels would be smoother, I cant imagine a puncture of bushwheels either from the soy bean stubble. I was looking at the fields the other day too thinking, "Now is the time"

Where are you located? I'm at Fleming Field.

I've landed many times in soybean stubble without any bushwheel damage. A few time in corn stubble.

Do you think corn stubble would be a bigger concern??

Thanks

i wouldn't recomend 8:50s in green beans or not knowing the rows,bush wheels are a safety,never know when you might need them!!!

jr. :)

I took off in a chopped corn field and had issues, The tires were not fitting into the rows and would pull really hard one way then the other as your tires were hitting the rows. Really glad for the 180 HP to pull me out of it, could have been a real disaster with a 100 HP plane. Just my observation to
. it.
Doug

Spent the day farm hopping in the 180. 850's worked great in the bean stubble and corn.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 228
Big enough that they make you take notice even with bushwheels. Lot of them are the size of a racoon

I have landed in corn stalks once and many times in bean stubble on 35" BW. I would be much more concerned landing in the corn stubble. We occasionally have 6 ply truck tires come in with corn stalks punctures.
We have a local farm here that also offers guided pheasant hunts in the fall and the first thing they do when buying new truck is change from the 6 ply to 10 ply tires because they have ruined so many tires with the stalk punctures. I have never seen a 10 ply with a stalk puncture. Not to say it has not happened though.

Back