• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

How to forfeit your airplane in Alaska

I posted all charge sheets for everyone to read. That way we can all learn a bit more about what is involved here. In these documents there is a paper trail of third party money transactions and check cashing that is very hard to excuse or explain away. It goes sort of like this. Person A hires Person B to guide services. Person B is not a legal guide so Person A pays Person C for the services. Then Person C cashes Person A's check and gives the money to Person B so it cannot be traced back. Then there are multiple counts of, "you can just shoot a Brown Bear or a Caribou or a Sheep off my tag" things that are traceable via harvest reporting. Finally there are the multiple repeat same day airborne offenses. The charge sheets are illuminating and I hope people take the time to read these documents.

I have seen some of the enforcement tactics that have been mentioned in previous posts, but to try generalize these cases as some cop getting a red star or promotion is not the foundation of these charges. Trust me, this a subject that I wished it was not up for discussion because it just hurts us all. Expect more moves like Prop 207 as a result of this.

Jerry

Well, I can't help myself. I have to comment on this thread. Again.
I know some of these guys. I've worked on their planes. They are not crooks or poachers. I don't know anything about this fiasco except what I read in the papers. I do however, know a bit about how this works. The lead cop will get a red star on his records. He will get a promotion or pay raise quicker that way.
They plead guilty to some of the charges because they ran out of money to fight them. I wonder how many airplanes the feds stole from them? I heard two.
By the way, I've never got a citation from a state or fed. game warden.

As have I. Charles was nothing but a perfect Southern Gentleman with me, his wife a darling. Flew all the way from Mississipi on Easter weekend 2000 to drop his aircraft off for a full go over. Unfortunately his buddies parked it in some Alaskan trees in 2003 and was ordered to cut it up and remove it from the State park by the Warden.

I think if his son hadn't of lied about his residency, this would be a totally different case. I think most of it is propagated to help the "cause" of stopping any aerial hunting. Guess Clark gets to think about it all for 18 months while the state auctions off his SQ-4.

Attachments

• cdixon1.jpg
    cdixon1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 221
  • cdixon2.jpg
    cdixon2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
was ordered to cut it up and remove it from the State park by the Warden.

This statement sounds fishy. I can believe that the National Parkys would demand this, but State Parks???? Also, was it required to be cut, or just removed, and it was less $ to do it in chunks?

Most situations up here seem to just be a helicopter flight to retrieve planes.

Maybe it was a National park strip, but he was given 2 days to have it gone. Being broken in front and behind the cabin negated any airlift and cutting sections to fit inside his Aeronica Sedan was the only option.

Attachments

• DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 237
Believe so Mike. Was an air force pilot at some point in time... I believe... and when I met him in 2000 was working the oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Told me of hauling fish in the Sedan and having property "above the tree line". Other than that I don't know much about him, he was a customer to me and not much more. Haven't heard from him in about 5 years.

BTW, the only injury in that trip through the trees for his friends was a broken arm. Crumple design did it's job.

Back