• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

brake booster for scott brake pedals

Note that the pedal is reversible. I wondered if the lack of an angle would be noticeable - it is not. I will try to get a shot of mine today.

Here are a couple shots of the Grove assembly. Note the way the pedal is pinned - the entire cylinder can move laterally to ensure that the piston rod always remains concentric, with zero side force:

The bleeder screw is my addition - I find it necessary when the airplane is in the 3-point attitude.

Also note - as with the Dakota, the pedal has no slant where your heel goes. I find no difference at all in feel, at least with shoes on. I will try it barefoot and report back.

The brass fittings are so I can use the original auto- style flex line, and so it comes out the same hole as stock. Aeroquip will do the same job, although at a significantly higher price. The auto stuff has a working pressure of 5,000 psi by regulation.

The disadvantage of the Grove setup is some may need a Field Approval. I can see it as a minor mod, although I hold a Field Approval.

I have had no problem with any of the boosted brakes on 35s, North River (Airframes) and Dakota. Steve's would work the same I just haven't flown a SC on 35s with Steve's.

I am usually wrong when I don't agree with Skywagon. However, I believe you still use the same rotor and caliper so there will be less braking ability when you go to 35" tires. Just as you would have more going down to a 26" tire. A good set of double puck brakes can put a cub on its nose in a hurry so I don't think the bigger tire really effects them enough to notice.
DENNY

Denny, I'm not very familiar with the 35" installation other than the word is that it uses a 10" wheel. I assumed that the disk diameter was also increased. If not then you are correct.

Back