• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Urgent: Texans Call Ted Cruz NOW!

B

Barnstormer

Just got this. Here is the link referenced:
http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-news-and-multimedia/eaa-airventure-news/2015-eaa-airventure-oshkosh/~/media/Files/News/PBOR2-Talking-Points.pdf

Dear EAA Member,

I am sending this email to you because we need you to reach out to Texas’s Senators on the Pilot’s Bill of Rights 2 (PBOR2) and strongly ask them to co-sponsor this bill. This potential legislation needs only an additional 3 co-sponsors to reach a 60 vote majority. If we can achieve this over the next two days, there is a high likelihood that it will be taken directly to the Senate floor for a vote this week. Time is of the essence as the Senate will recess for the summer at the end of the week.

Please call Senator Ted Cruz at (202) 224-5922 and tell them why they should co-sponsor the PBOR2 and what its importance is to aviation in this country. It is always best to attempt to talk directly to your Senator and not just a staff person in the office. This is an urgent matter! A set of talking points is available here. We have never been this close in this effort, and with your help it is possible that we can clear a major hurdle in the Senate. The Senators in your state who have yet to sign on are listed below with their contact information:

Thank you for your help as an EAA member!

Sincerely
jack_pelton_signature.gif

Jack J. Pelton
EAA Chairman of the Board

It would appear the latest political gambit to reform pilot medical regulations will die Wednesday when the House extends existing funding for highway projects and gets ready to go on summer holiday. CNN reported House Speaker John Boehner told members Tuesday the House would vote on a three-month extension rather than consider a Senate bill that would fund transportation infrastructure projects for at least three years. Tucked into that bill is an amendment that mirrors the language of the Pilots Bill of Rights 2, which includes measures to end third class medical requirements for many private pilots. "We're not taking up the Senate bill," House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told reporters. Ignoring the Senate and passing the extension means Congress gets a jump on its August recess and the Hill is expected to be a ghost town by Thursday.
It's the second setback this week for third class medical reform. Last Friday the Airline Pilots Association wrote senators announcing its vigorous opposition to third class medical reform, saying it could provide a loophole for those with mental and physical ailments to fly through, thus endangering other aircraft. Condemnation came quickly from general aviation groups who said ALPA blindsided them with its eleventh hour opposition. It would now appear both sides of the issue have a few months to hone their positions. The Senate bill also contained an amendment to continue funding of the Export-Import Bank, which gives loans to companies to promote U.S. Exports.

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/House-Move-May-Delays-Medical-Reform-224595-1.html

It may have been tacking on the Export-Import Bank pork that has kept Ted from supporting the Transportation bill, not that he was against the pilot rider????

Tim would have better luck pulling strings with his family in the White House.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim would have better luck pulling strings with his family in the White House.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock market is up, unemployment is down, national dept is down, Obama care is working, I'll call him for you

I'm hearing that this is a done deal until after Congress returns the end of August but could be I'm the last to know. I have written countless letters to Ted Cruz, called his Texas office and his D.C. office repeatedly to no avail. No response, no "hi", no "bye", no "kiss my hiney", no nothing. If there was ever a time I was going to vote for him, it's long gone now. He is nothing more than a self centered, politician with nothing else on his mind but me, me, me. Very disappointed. All the other Texas politicians seem to be on board, or at least in my area.

this is from when I emailed Ted's office in April

United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510

Dear Randi,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding the "Pilot's Bill of Rights." Staying connected with constituents is crucial to my service in the U.S. Senate. Hearing your thoughts helps shape my perspective, and I appreciate you taking the time to write. As this issue progresses, I will certainly keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about any issue important to your family. It is an honor to serve you and the people of Texas.

For Liberty,

Senator Ted Cruz

Back