• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

mmmn, -1 foot landing

Wow!! It takes a very good pilot and a incredible airplane to land that slow in the wind.

We still need to get Bobby solo in the back seat of a no flap 65hp J3 so we have an accurate benchmark.

I'm not taking anything away from Bobby's skill with the amazing machine that Dan put together. But if they let Tool Time play with it for an afternoon he would be within a few feet if not inches of our young stallion. If your ever thinking of selling kits for the Breedon Cub letting Tim show it off word prove how easy it is to be superman. ;-)

Glenn

Last edited:
We still need to get Bobby solo in the back seat of a no flap 65hp J3 so we have an accurate benchmark...if they let Tool Time play with it...

Listen, it's simple, Bobby and the Black Cub won because of two very easy to understand reasons; An amazing airplane and an exceptional pilot - - - End of story. Plus, that wasn't the first time Bobby has won, and that wasn't the first airplane Bobby has won with. Winning once could be a fluke, winning over and over again says it's not a fluke. Winning in whatever airplane you get into says it's the man to a great degree, not just the machine. Flying different airplanes, Bobby has beaten all comers with their given machines.

And as far as the attitude of "Let's see him in the back of a J3" I say BRING IT! But my money is still on Bobby. The long and the short of it is, an amazing airplane has been created and it has been flown masterfully, and I think it's awesome!

Listen, it's simple, Bobby and the Black Cub won because of two very easy to understand reasons; An amazing airplane and an exceptional pilot - - - End of story. Plus, that wasn't the first time Bobby has won, and that wasn't the first airplane Bobby has won with. Winning once could be a fluke, winning over and over again says it's not a fluke. Winning in whatever airplane you get into says it's the man to a great degree, not just the machine. Flying different airplanes, Bobby has beaten all comers with their given machines.

And as far as the attitude of "Let's see him in the back of a J3" I say BRING IT! But my money is still on Bobby. The long and the short of it is, an amazing airplane has been created and it has been flown masterfully, and I think it's awesome!

I agree Bobby is a very skilled pilot, but not the only one on here that can do what he is doing. I'm not one of them but I think more then a few on here are as good. Apple to Apple with the same machine.

Glenn

Ya but he has the machine and can do it and doesnt yak about it! I flew with him for three days and very much respect him as ac pilot and a person. What others can or cannot do seems to be pointless discussion. He has another half century to perfect his craft which seems to be pretty much there already. Great kid! Great future!

Ya but he has the machine and can do it and doesnt yak about it! I flew with him for three days and very much respect him as ac pilot and a person. What others can or cannot do seems to be pointless discussion. He has another half century to perfect his craft which seems to be pretty much there already. Great kid! Great future!

Agreed, it's nice to see someone "walk the walk" & not need to brag about it, vs all the "talk the talk" that goes on here sometimes. I can only imagine what Bobby's STOL capabilities will be in another 10 years.

Agreed, it's nice to see someone "walk the walk" & not need to brag about it, vs all the "talk the talk" that goes on here sometimes. I can only imagine what Bobby's STOL capabilities will be in another 10 years.

I'm not going to claim I'll ever land shorter and still be able to taxi the plane away, but based on this video alone I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will cost me a hell of a lot less time and money for me to shave 20' off my shortest landing to date :)

That was a GREAT video..!

We all know you didn't tie er up for the night. ....

So where is the video of the Take Off...? That had to be fun to watch...!! and to DO..!

Kem

Back