• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

OSH 15 Supercub on Floats looking for someone to fly with me 2L0 to 96WI Seaplane base

davidv.lewis

I'm headed to Oshkosh 2015 for the entire week. Leaving Pineville LA 2L0 and stopping 6 times on the way up. I have a 90 horse PA-19 on straight floats and I am a CFII so you can log the PIC time. Leaving on 6-16 and returning on 6-27. I am looking to split the cost at 125.00 an hour. Expect 10 or so hours on the way up. We will be weight limited so all of your stuff will need to be shipped up or sent with someone who is driving. If your interested call me at 318-880-7787.

Thanks
Dave Lewis
Cubs Floats and Fun.
image.jpg
IMG_9438.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9438.JPG
    IMG_9438.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    949.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Dave: If your northbound course takes you near Knoxville, I can provide fuel (100LL or Mogas). We're on a float friendly 16,000 acre reservoir with dock. Let me know. Gary

Dave, sounds like a fun trip, seaplane base at Oshkosh is the best. I was curious about your fuel stops. I am on straight floats in east Texas, brought my plane down from Minnesota and ended up having to haul extra fuel with me for the trip. Have you located fuel stops? Thanks. Randi

Dave, sounds like a fun trip, seaplane base at Oshkosh is the best. I was curious about your fuel stops. I am on straight floats in east Texas, brought my plane down from Minnesota and ended up having to haul extra fuel with me for the trip. Have you located fuel stops? Thanks. Randi
Sure, used google maps to look for marinas on the planned route. Called them and checked to see if ethanol free auto gas was available. Also asked them if the plane would be able to get I and out without issues. Lots of fun!

Back