• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Beer Can Jet Engine Alcohol Stove

Emergency preheater? Hope you are doing well, Mr. Mattson.

sj

Similar to the C-Rat stoves we use to make in the Army. Two cans, top removed from one, top and bottom from the other and slits from a bayonet around it. Fill the bottom can with sand then JP-4 . Stack'em and light it off.
Please note I offer no warnings on operation of this, as I beleive in giving God a little room to weed out the stupid.

Emergency preheater? Hope you are doing well, Mr. Mattson.

sj

For the frustrated pilot I think it would work well . . .

Doing good so far, thanks Steve.

(p.s. if that airplane gig thing doesn't pan out, I have a MLM distributorship opportunity with these stoves - just call!)

Has anybody tried this with white gas (coleman stove fuel)? Looks like a great little "bush" trick.

Has anybody tried this with white gas (coleman stove fuel)? Looks like a great little "bush" trick.

If you are actually going to try that, a moment ago I had a relevant question on youtube regarding the can:

Matt does the can have to be dented? Reply: Yes, what you are making is a venturi. >=< The air on the inlet side is being compacted, the exhaust side is larger than the inlet side so all that compacted air suddenly goes through the tube (the constricted part) and pressure goes way up as it is exhausted (and this is where the burner cans further increase pressure in a real jet engine by burning a fuel air mix). In this simple engine/stove we are using additional directed air holes for additional burning and keeping the exhaust going in a predictable direction (since we don't have actual injected fuel in a burner). The inlet side is actually a centrifugal flow jet engine arrangement, the exhaust is an axial flow jet engine type exhaust.

NO. NO. NO. And if you decide to not take that advice, have 911 all dialed up and be ready to hit send.

Back