• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sutton Exhaust and Back Country

cgoldy

Moogerah Queensland Australia
Has any one fitted a "genuine" sutton exhaust to a back country super cub with the Thrust line mod built in?

I have a Sutton knock of supplied with the kit and am looking to fit a genuine Sutton. But I have had a lot of issues with getting the one I have now to fit without interfering with the lower cowl. Had to cut and shut a fair bit and don't want to have to do that all again with a new expensive exhaust. If I need to do that I might as well just modify the one I have.

Colin

Two questions

1) Is the Aerosport o-375 the same dimensions as an o-360
2) Does anyone have an email address for Brain Sutton? Can't find anything on their site.

his email is propilotsinc@cs.com. i believe the 0360 and 0375 are the same dimensions, can you post a pic of where the problem is? does the knock off exhaust have all the same slip joints as Brians? he has different length of stubs that come off the engine

Colin I think the 0-375 is wider but call aerosport power to confirm.Ron.

Thanks cub 12 will send photos of exhaust when i get it out.

Thanks Ron - rang AS and they confirm mine has the same dimentions. Also some good advice on cooling

I had a conflict with the stack length when installing it into my x18. It is a very tight fit with the bottom rail. Brian was more than happy to make a set of custom/correct length stacks for a perfect fit. Great parts and a great company. I think I still had to notch out the bottom rail ever so slightly. for clearance.

Sutton exhaust conflict

I had a conflict with the stack length when installing it into my x18. It is a very tight fit with the bottom rail. Brian was more than happy to make a set of custom/correct length stacks for a perfect fit. Great parts and a great company. I think I still had to notch out the bottom rail ever so slightly. for clearance.

I have a conflict too. (stack and air filter don`t allow lower cowl fit on correct position)
I live in Argentina, so It is complicated for me to send to USA stacks to correct this conflict to fiit it on.
Any ideas?
I saw lot of photos with short stack lengh

Please all informations would be very useful
Tks for suport
FD

PA18A
O320 Lyc engine

I think Brian knows which stacks you need. My engine was the E2D. I think if he knows your exact engine model year of your airplane he could just send you the correct length and you return the others,seems like the path or least resistance. I think all installations could encounter some degree of conflict. The other option if available to you is to obtain a set of unwelded flanges and have a local shop shorten to the length needed and reweld/tig. Certified or experimental? Put a call to Brian and get his input. He's the expert. Be patient with a return call it may be a day or two.

Back