• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Snow conditions getting serious in Maine!

TurboBeaver

Northern Maine
Here is our deck tonite, getting couple inches an hour now, path was shoveled this am......20150202_201320.jpg

Attachments

• 20150202_201320.jpg
    20150202_201320.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 323
Lol well I hadnt thought of that Glen! Something tells me I am going to be wishing I had run
The umhw out past the edge of the skiis further if this keeps up! Conditions have been decent up till now. And really have been,
Fine for a short props on skiis, though after this coming weekend if we get whacked by this next one
It will probably be borer prop, or forget it............... of course with the extra weight the next thing is
Going to be overflow, ontop of the ice, and all that drama! Oh well, I was complaining two weeks ago it was glare ice
That was rough as heck, so its going to be something...... its -9 below zero right now, but beautiful sunny day here on the New Brunswick border this morning though.
Maybe I should think about a quick trip down to the Keys, and hook up with Jimmy Buffet and
Those adult beverages he sings about with an umbrella in them? Bonefishing or shoveling, hummmm
Just for the record we have had 50" here in last 12 days so it begining to look more like an old fashioned Maine winter!

Last edited:
Can you send the you're snow over to Idaho it looks summer is coming to quickly and are ski resort might shut down

I hope we don't get into a big drought. I think I going to start stocking up on water. My buddy works for BLM and they are preparing for a big fire season so that said everyone please do the snow dance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using SuperCub.Org mobile app

We have had 60+ inchs of snow in the last 2 weeks.Plowing the 2 miles of dirt road into the field has been interesting.Had to use the backhoe around the hangars,snow way too deep to move with the truck.
I think we have enough base to ski fly til May.
Bill

I'm taking off shortly for breakfast in Afton Wy., once again using the wheels as the snow is ALL GONE at my 5400' strip. It has been a record breaking warm/no snow year here in SE Idaho. I'll find some higher up play sites on the flight back, lot's of higher terrain that direction. I log my ski flying separate, this year I feel guilty as I include X amount of hours as "ski flying", when I took off on the wheels, landed enroute maybe 2 or 3 times on the skis, and then landed again on the wheels back home, like I'm cheating or something.....

We have had 60+ inchs of snow in the last 2 weeks.Plowing the 2 miles of dirt road into the field has been interesting.Had to use the backhoe around the hangars,snow way too deep to move with the truck.
I think we have enough base to ski fly til May.
Bill

I'm just sharing one of my normal winters with you guys, hope you enjoy it. 8) I have May ski time logged also. ;-)

Glenn

I'm just sharing one of my normal winters with you guys, hope you enjoy it. 8) I have May ski time logged also. ;-)

Glenn

It is an absolutely perfect powder base for floating on the UHMW. In the meantime I've been practicing flying at the ski resorts as we're having one of the best ski seasons ever.

What resort we haven't seen a powder this year. I was thinking doing some cat sking

Ok I'm packing my bags I just haft to figure out how to get there without letting my wife know lol

Like I figured, the best (almost only) snow was higher up: this was at 8100', on the way to Afton,. The good thing about landing uphill is that you have a fair bit of throttle on once landed, so the turn arounds are brisk, with good rudder authority. This snow felt rotten, rotten and sticky, no way was I going to come to a full stop here. Wham bang, I'm outa here, kind of site.

I could mail them some... and I can't even go play in it!

Attachments

• 1998 GMC 115.jpg
    1998 GMC 115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
Lmao, now that there is funny I dont care who you are! If you dont think thats funny, you need to
Get the heck offen here!,,,

Just anounced we are now again under a blizzard watch for Sat nite/ Sunday, forecasting 25/30" for us,
Here we go again! So if your skis havnt had any use , this is the winter to get em out in the NE
E

Last edited:
Temps heading down, OAT 1 deg right now and predicting -30 with wind chill. Blizzard likely again this weekend. Drank a Bass Ale and just got out of the hot tub. Didn't feel cold at all on the walk across the deck. I love this state.

not even enough TOTAL WINTER snow to cover the beer cans next to hot tub In Alaska...yet...

beer.jpg

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 165
Frankie chimes in on tomorrow's weather event. He's the best.

Hey JP

Frankie sorta looks like Phil Zinc dont you think? Must be a story there about riding a harley thru Nova Scotia...

jim

Hey JP

Frankie sorta looks like Phil Zinc dont you think? Must be a story there about riding a harley thru Nova Scotia...

jim

Phil has promised me that he will tell the full story next summer at his fly in when we gather to celebrate his freedom from oppressive Rumford taxation.....if you think about it that fly in has always had some great biker stories. Just ask Cliff.

Phil has promised me that he will tell the full story next summer at his fly in when we gather to celebrate his freedom from oppressive Rumford taxation.....if you think about it that fly in has always had some great biker stories. Just ask Cliff.

And the smooth move gentlemen from NY...

What the heck happened to Gobal Warming? Where is Al Gore when you need him? It was exactly 30 below here
Sat morning, now its 5 above and snowing sidewise, and here comes another two feet of termination dust! Al where
are you?

What the heck happened to Global Warming? Where is Al Gore when you need him? ..... Al where
are you?

He pulled off his scam. He managed to extort hundreds of millions of $$$$$ from the gullible uninformed masses. Now he is rolling in the coin laughing all the time. :p

More snow

What the heck happened to Gobal Warming? Where is Al Gore when you need him? It was exactly 30 below here
Sat morning, now its 5 above and snowing sidewise, and here comes another two feet of termination dust! Al where
are you?
In NB, our winter is fierce - both with snow and deep cold. The ice between Prince Edward Is. and th Magdellan Islands is thicker then it's been for 15 years. On the Island of Maui, the climate remains just about perfect. If Hollywood and tag-alongs promote something, it's likely dead wrong.

Back