• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Tapered axle adapters

irishfield

Penetanguishene, Ontario Canada
Can someone confirm that the Taylorcraft uses the same tapered adapter as the J3 ??

1.25 inner end mounting diameter x 0.750 outer end mounting diameter and about 6.125" long?

I have this set for a "J3" off a set of SC1's and I use to have a set for a taylorcraft for the 1500 pedestal, but sold those so can't compare them.

Attachments

• federalskiadapter004sm.jpg
    federalskiadapter004sm.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 103
  • federalskiadapter005sm.jpg
    federalskiadapter005sm.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 106
  • federalskiadapter006sm.jpg
    federalskiadapter006sm.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 93
That sounds right.
I made a set for my T & those inner & outer dimensions are correct, can"t remember the length but that allowed me to use standard SC-1 (I think) ski's.

Are those F/S by chance?

I thought the very old ones had tapered, just like the Taylorcraft. I bought these skis from a guy in the USA many moons ago and he stated "from a J3". I didn't give it much thought after that....

Senior... I'm putting a package deal together for a guy, wanted to make sure I had the right adapters before I head 5 hours cross county to deliver.

Senior... I'm putting a package deal together for a guy, wanted to make sure I had the right adapters before I head 5 hours cross county to deliver.

No problem, just thought it'd be nice to have correct rather than home-made.

I would have thought there'd be more J-3 enthusiests pop in with an answer to your question!

That's like the old set I had (pictured) for the 1500's.. these ones off the SC1's are only 1 3/8 OD so I have to make a sleeve up to get to 1.5 for the Aero's.

Can you confirm their length Glenn @ 6 1/8th!

Thanks!

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 104
Back