Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the AkAvCamslt app?

www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    question for everyone,

I'm thinking I will embed satellite images loop page into the app, but my question are:
    • which satellite imagery style(s) visible only? or which ones do you find useful
    • how many hours worth looking back(looks like six MONTHS! is available..) maybe 3 hours.. images are every 30 minutes..

main page on NOAA is https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/ak.html select from right HTML5 row for different view loops, let me know what you normally look at...

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it the way it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartb View Post
    I like it the way it is.
    I knew you'd say that, think I asked you before

I know keep it simple.... but.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Out in fringe areas it's a challenge to open the app now. Bigger isn't better. With good cell service there are other options for more detailed info. I like the app to be simple and quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartb View Post
    Out in fringe areas it's a challenge to open the app now. Bigger isn't better. With good cell service there are other options for more detailed info. I like the app to be simple and quick.
    it won't add any loading overhead.... unless you would choose to look, by selecting the button......

that was the kinda neat thing on the android version i had written, but not released, it had a text only option(no map, that's the big data sucker), with each site you could choose which cameras to download, all 4 or just 1 or.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, update is out, kinda had to start over somewhat to get it to play nice with new phones...

Project is almost 10 years old now... and in computer years that LONG!

It works basically the same as it did. Also added a satellite page.

let me know if I killed anything else, it was kinda major surgery...
    (I'm back to trying to resurrect a different version of the APP from 2012 a "mini" version that's is focused on poor connection use, not sure when/if that one will show up on the store...)

it's a free update if you already purchased it, just go to the App Store if you don't have automatic updates turned on.. or you can find it at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/akav...359317105?mt=8

even made a new demo video.. boy those old phones were small!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome..! Thanks Mike. Glad you’ve updated it. Way easier than faa’s site. Glad we can see the third party cameras now too..!
    like the satellite too!
    "...We're fast enough to get there, But slow enough to see..."
    Fron the song "Barometer Soup". By Jimmy Buffett
    Likes mike mcs repair liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    MIKE
    Your app has saved my butt more than you will ever know!!!! Today I was trying to get the 180 (0BS) back to birchwood and a simple check of the cams told me Palmer was the way to go!! We loose a lot of good pilots up here every year, your app with the FAA cams has saved more than anyone will know!

THANKS
    DENNY
    Likes mike mcs repair, cubpilot2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great app, love it. But what’s up with Port Lions, always crashes the app on my phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ths View Post
    Great app, love it. But what’s up with Port Lions, always crashes the app on my phone.
    Hmm. FAA must have put new cameras in that site. When they do, they change the site number. Must have happened in last few weeks since I downloaded their info. Will fix on next update. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, this is a preview of a different version I started writing in 2012, this one is geared towards bad connection, remote use... or maybe satellite internet data? got rid of the Map, taking multiple steps to get to a certain screen, things like that that were huge data suckers... you also can choose to just look at individual camera(s) at a site, because sometimes one camera is all you need to make a decision...

not for sale quite yet, still some rough spots to figure out... hopefully someone will find this useful, should be much faster data wise than my existing app and much faster than the FAA website...(I need to test those to get numbers yet..)
    not sure not the name yet, for now It's AKAvCamsMini ...... that might change, any ideas?