• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cabane-V to landing gear safety cables

jse18

South West of Paris City !
I am looking for the length of the cable that link cabane V to landing gear(s).

I request came from the insurance company, when I called them preparing my first take-off, they asked be if I have installed such safety ! :???:

I said "not yet" ! :cool:

Thanks for your help !

They are available as a kit from Atlee Dodge. Should be 2089-18 for standard length gear and 3344-18 for 3" extended gear. Around $200 for a kit. Won't prevent broken legs but it should keep your prop off the ground.

Web

I second the atlee dodge cables. They are well built and simple to install.

Hey, a little off topic, but I need to replace one of my AL shock cord cover skins. It doesn't look like to hard of a job, but have never done it. Looking for any help from those of you who have done this before. I know it will be harder than changing out the fabric ones I had before! Tempting to go back to those.��

Hey, a little off topic, but I need to replace one of my AL shock cord cover skins. It doesn't look like to hard of a job, but have never done it. Looking for any help from those of you who have done this before. I know it will be harder than changing out the fabric ones I had before! Tempting to go back to those.😟

not hard.... but univair sells new also....

Hey, a little off topic, but I need to replace one of my AL shock cord cover skins. It doesn't look like to hard of a job, but have never done it. Looking for any help from those of you who have done this before. I know it will be harder than changing out the fabric ones I had before! Tempting to go back to those.��

Finaly I didn't install them because it damages the bags that enclose the shock cords ( cover skins ).
It looks nice on the dampers of PA18, L21 ... but on a Cub, that's look not really applicable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Cub-S...-00-/400657949668?vxp=mtr&hash=item5d491323e4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Piper-Sup...144-/171579421511?hash=item27f2ee3347&vxp=mtr

Glenn

Back