• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Shooter pulls the trigger

I remember when my Mom told me if I didn't have anything nice to say not to say anything. Like someone said if you really want to know give him a call. I know he had some issues and one thing to remember Dennis isn't a professional builder and I am not sure what his background in this kind of thing is. I know Mike has tons of experience building Cubs and that is worth a ton. I saw Dennis at Hondo and he was enjoying flying the Super Cub he bought from Eddie. Some people are fliers and some people are builders. I have this problem where I do it all day for others and would rather fly on my time off rather than build myself a nice one. ;)

I have noticed over the years that many people here only post when they are researching for, or doing their (re)build projects, then seem to disappear...

and yes, this project has been challenging from the amount of parts we had to fabricate to try to do nice, can't just go buy most stuff(from multiple sources) like when doing an -18 or -12.... but theres light at the end of the tunnel....

I remember when my Mom told me if I didn't have anything nice to say not to say anything. Like someone said if you really want to know give him a call. I know he had some issues and one thing to remember Dennis isn't a professional builder and I am not sure what his background in this kind of thing is. I know Mike has tons of experience building Cubs and that is worth a ton. I saw Dennis at Hondo and he was enjoying flying the Super Cub he bought from Eddie. Some people are fliers and some people are builders. I have this problem where I do it all day for others and would rather fly on my time off rather than build myself a nice one. ;)

Oh, C'mon building if as fun as flying, isnt it?

Misery loves company

Building

Building is not for everyone.
I understand Pierce not wanting to build an airplane After Work. Getting off around 6:00 PM every day. Looking at my plane, thinking I ought to go fly,,,,,, even that is tough to do sometimes

Thats why a person needs two airplanes, one to build and one that is flying. Preferably cub type airplanes.

Build an -18, then a 185, then a -12, then a 180, then an -18, then a Beaver, then a -14, then a 180.

......hopefully get ahead and keep one fer yerself.

........hopefully maintain sanity.

thats how I did it for years.

Most experimental airplane kits and backyard boat projects are not finished by the original "builder", I heard somewhere.

Cub Junkie....I hear you!!

Pierce, I feel your pain!

Dennis, if yer watchin this..........no shame in moving on toward what you really wanted anyway....a flying Cub!

Thats why a person needs two airplanes, one to build and one that is flying. Preferably cub type airplanes.

LOL, I did that. Problem is I fly instead of work on my own and when I work on my own I feelguilty because I could be working on a customers because I am always behind.

I'm gonna win the lotery, retire and build my dream Super Cub. I guess I need to start playing the lotery. :lol:

I remember a conversation about that and I took some ribbing about I needed to take the knife to mine. 8)

Just wait until you bend the tail and the trim doesn’t work anymore. At least now I know what I have and don’t have to worry. You should build up that NOS fuselage you have. As to the lottery I know of a guy who was at a gas station and went to throw something out, looked at the scratch ticket in the bucket and turned out to be a million dollar winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wait until you bend the tail and the trim doesn’t work anymore. At least now I know what I have and don’t have to worry. You should build up that NOS fuselage you have. As to the lottery I know of a guy who was at a gas station and went to throw something out, looked at the scratch ticket in the bucket and turned out to be a million dollar winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand why you tore yours down, I am just not ready to tear mine down because it is ugly. 8)

Back