• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Faa

eskflyer

Kenai AK
Faa has accused me of landing on a residential street without proper security. Funny thing when they sent the first email to me They even put in a N number that belongs to a R22 out of wasilla. then they sent another that says to disregard and here is the right one but no N # on this one. Then they show up at my house taking pictures of my old hasent flown since 1991 Bellanca 14-19-2 that i just got running Has 0470 fuel injected 260HP sounds really good by the way and loud lol. neighbors probably dont like it. no wings on it so kinda cant fly it lol. so what say you all on this one . If i can figure out i will post the email from the great GESTAPO ALMIGHTY FAA.

Today wife got letter in mail and registered letter saying the same thing. saying they are investigating this matter.AGAIN I have not landed on a street. when they showed up at my house told them to leave and get off my property. Gotta love the idiots in FAA wont sign a 337 but will drive or fly from ANC to the peninsula all at our expense in tax dollars to harrass with absolute BS and nonsense. Gotta love our GESTAPO GOVERMENT FAA GUYS

I don't think you've heard the end of it. Especially after telling them to leave and get off your property. They will probably be trying to build a paper-case against you now, and will be looking for a way to go after your certificates, any way they can, just to cost you a ton of money to hire lawyers to keep your certificates, etc. If it were me, I think I would have just answered their questions, let them take their pictures, smiled, offered them coffee, shook hands, invited them in for supper, and let them leave when they were ready. After all, they can't behead you, but they may try to do so if they can figure out a way to force you into a courtroom. Especially since there was no romance in your relationship. Personally, they are the ones who issued my certificates, so I don't try to make enemies with them. The burden of proof is on THEM, and if you didn't land on a street, they can't prove you did. But they CAN make your life miserabe in other ways if you piss them off. Here's something you might wanna read about if ya get time:
http://www.avweb.com/news/avlaw/181788-1.html?redirected=1
Some good advice toward the end of the article about dealing with the FAA. I don't know about you, but I have better things to spend my money on than fighting with the FAA.

Here is another one for ya, the Bob Hoover Story. The FAA put this man through Hell. (In your situation, pay attention to the last sentence of the second paragraph. "The FAA can also issue an emergency revocation order if it feels that the person flying is a threat to aviation safety (AOPA, 1996)". (Emphasis added.)
There are a lot of lessons to be learned from the Bob Hoover story.
Read it and give pause, because it could happen to you, it could happen to ANY of us.....
http://www.collegetermpapers.com/TermPapers/Aviation/FAA_vs_Bob_Hoover__A_Case_Review.shtml

Last edited:
I think your real problem you may have is they likely didn't dream this up... don't get me wrong I'm not saying someone didn't have a dream or get nervous and say he's gonna fly that airplane out of here. So, I'd guess somebody made a call and gave a statement. I suggest you look up the pilots bill of Rights so you understand your rights for access to the evidence they have against you.

Best of luck,

OC

What Oldcrowe said....and also, hire a private investigator to check out if maybe someone who don't like you for some reason, maybe has hidden animosities towards you, a paybacks are a m-f kind of person, someone that knows you are a pilot, got your N-number and possibly filed a false report against you with the FAA, as a payback of some sort. I have seen this kind of thing happen before. You might find that the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Take notice of those around you that are a little closer to you than the average person. You might be surprised at what a (licensed) Private Investigator can find out. Like Oldcrowe said, they didn't just dream this up. It had to come from somewhere.....

In the courts your guilty till you can prove your innocents. The faa doesn't have to follow the same laws. Like stated above I would try and find out who called it in. Good luck with the faa hope it goes well.

I was always under the impression that under AK State law every road was a landing strip as long as you don't interfere with traffic. Airplanes land on roads all the time, eh?

It's interesting the FAA would take this up unless they are trying to press some sort of recklessness issue. Must be more to the story.

Gbflyer that's what I've been told to. You can land on any road your just responsible to avoid traffic. But the faa can see it different. My dad's friend years ago was working road construction and would fly to the job. He would land on the road and tie down in a pull out. The faa didn't like it talking about him being reckless. They threatened to take his license but let it go with just a threat. That was 30+ years ago though but I don't think they've gotten any nicer.

Faa has accused me of landing on a residential street without proper security. Funny thing when they sent the first email to me They even put in a N number that belongs to a R22 out of wasilla. then they sent another that says to disregard and here is the right one but no N # on this one. Then they show up at my house taking pictures of my old hasent flown since 1991 Bellanca 14-19-2 that i just got running Has 0470 fuel injected 260HP sounds really good by the way and loud lol. neighbors probably dont like it. no wings on it so kinda cant fly it lol. so what say you all on this one . If i can figure out i will post the email from the great GESTAPO ALMIGHTY FAA.

I believe the (rural) road system is officiated by the Troopers however I also hold your belief that in Alaska we can land using a road.. now, if you were landing someplace within 500' of a buncha' people it might become a FAA concern although I believe on landing and taking off the 500' thing becomes (safe distance). The point.. I wouldn't try this in downtown Kenai.

So.. is this a 'wingless' (not flown since 1991) machine that was simply run in your neighborhood and someone is making a false report of you landing? Or are there other functioning 'aircraft' involved? What happened?

Have you ask for a copy of the report they are investigating? These sorta accusations aren't secret are they?

FWIW.. The FAA folks are required to investigate any official reports.. I bet they would help resolve any false statements and for that matter there are probably a few laws to help.

Bottom line: The FAA is going to investigate a complaint.

You don't have to kiss their asses, but it makes no sense whatever to piss off the Inspectors. Simply asking them what the accusation is, then explaining that your airplane has not had wings for several years MAY have settled the matter.

But, getting confrontational is GOING to suggest to any investigator that you may be hiding something. And that's not good.

At this point, I'd lawyer up.

FWIW

MTV

Yep, I agree with Mike, (again?).
Get a lawyer. I've dealt with the faa for over 40 years. My rule is I'll talk to the investigators once, the next conversation will be with my lawyer. If they are interested enough to take the time and effort to speak to you twice, they are going to try to nail you. They obviously don't have much info on the "SECURITY VIOLATION". What is that? Where is it located in the FARs?
Ak. law WAS, you could land on any road in the state, if you could do it safely. I think the faa has similar wording.
If it goes to court, it will be with a faa judge and faa lawyers. Can you say kangaroo court? If it goes to court and you lose, they can and will jerk all faa certificates you have. Pilots and mechanics.
I'd contact the AOPA. You do belong? They have a list of lawyers who deal with the faa.
The faa is just like any other group of people, good ones and bad ones. I hope you get a good one.
Good Luck.

"Then they show up at my house taking pictures of my old hasent flown since 1991 Bellanca 14-19-2 that i just got running Has 0470 fuel injected 260HP sounds really good by the way and loud lol. neighbors probably dont like it. no wings on it so kinda cant fly it lol."

Do ya think maybe you pissed off one of your neighbors by running up your "loud" 0-470 fuel injected 260 HP and THEY called and filed a false complaint with the FAA?

Was asked to destroy all evidence of letters from faa. That ain't gonna happen. Faa went around neighbor hood trying to get people to say they thought it was dangerous , that didn't happen. So then they resorted to taking more pics of airplane tied down at airport and IA friend saw them and asked what they were doing. Said nothing and left quickly. Haven't heard a word from the gov.since. kinda funny have faa friend great guy who lands his plane in his neighbor hood residential area and nothing has been said to him. And this is done without whatever is proper landing security.

Because of the nature of bureaucracy and enforcement, generally speaking, the guy with the badge wins. Why? Because they have enforcement officers that work 24/7 and have battalions of staff attorneys who spend their days looking out a window and are genuinely happy when someone gives them something to do---in this instant case that would be you. Now that the level of inquiry has been ratcheted up several notches--- local city ordinances regarding noise pollution, fuel storage, depositing hazardous waste into the aquifer, air pollution, storage of fuel above ground laws all will scrutinized. These things are then coordinated with multiple agencies to include local, state, and federal. At some point in time perhaps a year from now you'll get three of four pieces of registered mail in one day and perhaps a visit from US Marshalls and a local constable. There is no doubt that a cup of coffee, an offer of lunch--a cordial explanation that the plane is nonairworthy and that you start the plane periodically to warm the oil would have smoothed things over. Someone made a complaint---they must investigate the complaint. Now they see smoke. Where there is smoke---there is fire. They get paid the same whether they do nothing or they work 12 hours a day to find something wrong. You can always find something. I would imagine that this instant matter may go away, but now in a manner of speaking----you are under a microscope. Enforcement officers do what they have to do. They have to write a report. The report can be benign or it can be adversarial and accusatory. Oh well.

g

Having already downed a few power drinks, she turns around, faces him, looks him straight in the eye and says,

"Listen here, good looking. I will screw anybody, anytime, anywhere, their place, my place, in the car, front door, back door, on the ground, standing up, sitting down, naked or with clothes on... It doesn't matter to me. I just love it."

His eyes now wide with interest, he responds:
"No kidding... I'm with the FAA too. What Dept. do you represent?"

Just more goverment crap

These guys that investgated this need soneone to look deeper into this and find out why they
Harassed him so on this, who cares if he fid land in the road?
We all did itt forever in Alaska, total waste of taxpayers money.......

Back