• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Leading Edge Stall Warning Position

Steve Pierce

BENEFACTOR
Graham, TX
Recovered some late model wings with stall warning at inadvertently left the hole out of the leading edge for the stall warning vane and the skins went to the scrap yard just last week. :oops: I have a drawing for the same thing on a Short Wing Piper but it is too far down. Wonder if someone can provide dimensions from the trailing edge of the leading edge skin as to where this hole goes. I have a friend with one but he is out of town at the moment. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
DSCF3852-001.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF3852-001.JPG
    DSCF3852-001.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 1,460
I would leave it off. It's not like any fed on this earth would notice......and I always hated the damn things on the Cubs I flew that had em.

MTV

I beg to differ, I like cubs that have them. When I am down looking at things and getting distracted and that little horn goes off. I immediately fix the problem. There is a reason the stall horn is there.

Mike Wade

I beg to differ, I like cubs that have them. When I am down looking at things and getting distracted and that little horn goes off. I immediately fix the problem. There is a reason the stall horn is there.

Mike Wade

Silly me, I've been letting the stick do that ;-)

Glenn

Mike Wade

Mike, Mike, Mike,

You govmint pilots are all alike...needing all them gizmos and gadgets to help you fly. ;-) :???: :)

Now, you HAD to know that was coming.....thought I'd just get it outta the way. :wink:

MTV

Happened only once to me. Nine moose on tiny islet, photographer asking for another turn, stick swatted brain into gear real quick. Low, glad it did. I don't think it could happen twice.

That is funny cause you dimensions were identical to where we had laid it out using the cover plate as a template. Good to double check though. Thanks again.

Steve,

I copied a 1993 cub wing, 113.5" from the wing root to the Centre line of the stall warning. I had some extra mount plates CNC'd while I was at it if anyone is interested. Don

I found that dimension on drawing 15482 for the center leading edge skin but they showed the hole 9 1/2" or 8 1/4" from the trailing edge of the skin doesn't work out, more like 9 13/16". My brother had the stall warning in his and when he rebuilt the wings took it out. Screws wouldn't come out of the rivnuts so he threw the front plate away with the leading edge skin. I don't throw anything away so I have the flapper deal without the cover, what do you want for one? Installed nut plates in this one. I hate rivnuts. :evil:

Hello
I am restoring a PA18/95 and I would like to install the stall warning switch on the rh wing as it was done in later models.
It is not a matter of discussing pros and cons. I would just like to have it operative.
This blog is old by now and perhaps someone could help in giving the right position and posdibly the original
installation instructions?
many thanks
Gian

Thanks a lot Steve, very kind of you. The pics seem very clear and comprehensive.
By the way could you recommend where to get a switch at "reasonable price"?
ciao
Gian

Don't rush me, but I do have some CNC cut mounting plates somewhere. IIRC, it is a doubler that follows the leading edge (inside) with flat plates for mounting the switch and then the cover plate on. Will start looking - just poke me at supercub180@gmail.com.

And IIRC, this was an option or on the type certificate from 1977 onwards. I have pictures on the horn too.

Don

i will install a Reddish stall warner mark 1 on a PA-12 STOL.

Any suggestions?

While i will use this indications. Hope it works.

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Back