• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

What's this button do?

Oliver

squished plane.JPG

Attachments

• squished plane.JPG
    squished plane.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 447
Gives me nightmares. I NEVER park under the door although I see folks do that during refueling -- the fuel guy is not supposed to drag fuel inside the hangar here. And since the day I knocked the antennae off the Cessna 120, the door (if up) is either just barely high enough to walk through OR up to airplane roll out height, not somewhere in between. Cost a couple of hundred $ to learn that one.

Replaced the rudder on a 182 due to a door... Luckily the owner caught it before doing extensive damage... Also replaced the elevator on the same aircraft after it rolled backwards into a fence...

Know of a new 182 at a different airport that had the door close down about 3 feet into the left wingtip.... That cost that FBO, glad it was not me.

Happens way more often than it should on that type of door..

Brian

I never lingered under or near the door. Cables do snap like an explosive going off. I also know a lady who backed her Volvo wagon out of the garage with the tailgate open - make that... Tried to back out.

Never could understand that you couldn't store fuel in the hangar. Hell, what's all that liquid in the wings.
The potential for ignition from static discharge and enormous increase in fuel vapor during fueling are two very good reasons for not refueling in the hangar. Storing fuel isn't forbidden as far as I know. I guess that depends on the airpatch.

keep old seat rails around to fix/ferry a fuselage when bent like that, just cut crumpled part at the bend and open back up, pop rivet some seat rails then a new piece of aluminum over it.... works really well...

keep old seat rails around to fix/ferry a fuselage when bent like that, just cut crumpled part at the bend and open back up, pop rivet some seat rails then a new piece of aluminum over it.... works really well...

And don't forget the ferry permit! :lol:

Back