• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Flap/Aileron Hinge assembly

superbad

NSW, Australia
Hi
I have an 81 Pa18A with Aluminium control surfaces, Im looking to replace all the hinge assemblies on both flaps and ailerons. A couple of them are showing signs of corrosion and would like to replace them all. I have been looking through the parts catalogue and on aircraft spruce, but I am having trouble finding what I need.
Can someone please confirm the qty and part numbers from spruce?
Thanks!

Thanks Skywagon! Found everything I need, and more!
I have contacted them regarding shipping to OZ as their website doesn't let me check out with shipping to OZ.
Superbad

Last edited:
Thanks Skywagon! Found everything I need, and more!
I have contacted them regarding shipping to OZ as their website doesn't let me check out with shipping to OZ.
Superbad

My experience in dealing with Dakota Cub from our side of the world is that they are quite difficult to deal with and demonstrate disinterest in shipping overseas. Whether it is still true or not I don't know, but the person authorised to sign the 8130-3's only came once a week (or once a month or something), so it was all too hard for them. Univair seem to be much better set up and shipping overseas isn't a bother for them. They have authorised persons for the 8130's on staff. No difference in price between the two companies (usually small change either way) and I have never had complaints about Univair quality.

Cheers,
Andrew from New Zealand.

Mike as far as I could tell, same hinges for both metal and fabric covered flight controls.
Never heard back from Dakota Cub, ended up going with Univair.
Thanks for the input.

Back