• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Are you a real pilot?

Little_Cub

Palmer, Alaska
image0012.jpg

An old Marine Pilot sat down at the Starbucks, still wearing his old USMC flight jacket and ordered a cup of coffee.
As he sat sipping his coffee, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the pilot and asked
Are you a real pilot?

He replied, 'Well, I've spent my whole life flying planes, first Stearmans, then the early Grummans... flew a Wildcat and Corsair in WWII, and later in the Korean conflict, Banshees and Cougars. I've taught more than 260 people to fly and given rides to hundreds, so I guess I am a pilot, and you, what are you?
She said, 'I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about naked women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about naked women. When I shower, I think about naked women. When I watch TV, I think about naked women. It seems everything makes me think of naked women.'

The two sat sipping in silence.
A little while later, a young man sat down on the other side of the old pilot and asked: >
"Are you a real pilot?"
He replied, 'I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian.'

(Shared from military pilot Paul Huppert)

Attachments

• image0012.jpg
    image0012.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 198
The man in that picture is Johnny Miller. Barnstormed in the 20's with Jenny's and Standards. Owned a New Standard in the early 30's that he based in Poughkeepsie NY and hopped rides with. In fact he gave a young Cole Palen (of ORA fame) his first airplane ride. Went on to fly autogiro's. Set a trans-con record in one. Flew the mail off of the Philadelphia Post Office roof in one. Went on to fly for Eastern for a number of years. Lived into his 100's...kept his medical well into his upper 90's and owned an old Bonanza. The real deal.

The man in that picture is Johnny Miller. Barnstormed in the 20's with Jenny's and Standards. Owned a New Standard in the early 30's that he based in Poughkeepsie NY and hopped rides with. In fact he gave a young Cole Palen (of ORA fame) his first airplane ride. Went on to fly autogiro's. Set a trans-con record in one. Flew the mail off of the Philadelphia Post Office roof in one. Went on to fly for Eastern for a number of years. Lived into his 100's...kept his medical well into his upper 90's and owned an old Bonanza. The real deal.

He also saw Glenn Curtiss land along the Hudson River in 1910 when he was 4 years old when Curtiss was making history during the famous Albany to NYC in one day flight. Johnny hung arount Rhinebeck some days and Like Clay I was privileged to listen in to him talk about flying almost from the begining of flight. He died 5 0r 6 years ago at 102. I last saw him when he was 101 at Paul Richards wake.

http://www.eaa.org/news/2008/2008-06-24_miller.asp

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...zNSAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KDYNAAAAIBAJ&pg=6395,6414287

Glenn

Last edited:
stories of those guys giveme chills to think of the history they not only live through but made

Back