• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

State Pilots' Associations

Anne

SE Michigan
For those of you who have been involved with state pilots' associations, I have some questions for you:

1. What is the mission of the group?
2. Have you succeeded in accomplishing those missions?
3. If not, why not? What could you have done better?
4. How did you incorporate your group? How did you find all the state's pilots?
5. Is your group more social, or activist?
6. Was the group started in conjunction with any other group? Or stand-alone?

Thanks for your help!

Anne.

Anne, I have just led a group of people in establishing the Minnesota Pilots Association. Please check out our website at www.mnpilots.org, or our Facebook page. We became incorporated in April 2013 as a nonprofit organization, have applied for that status with the IRS, and are an all-volunteer association.

I have spent many, many hours contacting other state's pilots associations, and came to the conclusion that each is very, very different. I would say that the California Pilots Association, the Montana Pilots Association and the North Dakota Pilots Associations were models we used more extensively in putting this together. Do a google search for pilot associations, visit each website and you will start to figure out what your organization will look like.

It has taken much, much time. Fortunately for us, we have surrounded ourselves with energetic, bright, articulate board members, each chosen because they bring a skill set which makes this work. That is of tantamount importance.

Good luck.

Back