Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,921 to 1,924 of 1924

Thread: Lowrider LSA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    You could spray paint the pink.
    I would know it was pink inside...white will work...just need to find some and get into a sewing mood...that doesn't happen often.
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Federal Aviation Administration's annual Aerospace Forecast predicts a gradual increase in general aviation hours flown overall, but piston-single aircraft are expected to decline about 0.8% annually in fleet size and hours flown over the next two decades.

Hope they are wrong. That's 16% in 20 years. Probably aren't any more accurate than the weather guessers.

A question...I only have about 3/16" clearance between the front inside corner of my fuel tank and the fuel tank access panel at the top of the front spar. I have adjusted the tank down as far as I can without it hitting the skin stiffeners on the bottom. If I had only made the front of the tank a 1/4" shorter. Does anyone see a problem with that hitting the spar and rubbing? The tank is PDT (pretty damn tight).
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the tank is PDT it is unlikely to chafe on the spar. To alleviate any doubt you could insert a piece of felt or other anti chafe materiel for piece of mind. 3/16" is a lot.
    N1PA

Post Thanks / Like
    Half inch would make me happy. I can put some rubber stuff I got for the straps all along the spar edge...that will make me comfortable but short of happy. I'm thinking immobile is better than large clearance gaps, but both are better I think. Hopefully, the next wing will have greater clearance although the tanks are very much the same size as are the spars...we'll see.