Thread: High Wind Warning for South Central AK

Post Thanks / Like

High Wind Warning for South Central AK

High Wind Warning issued November 28 at 4:11PM AKST until November 30 at 6:00AM AKST by NWS Anchorage
    ...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON THURSDAY TO 3 PM AKST FRIDAY... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ANCHORAGE HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIND WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON THURSDAY TO 3 PM AKST FRIDAY. THE HIGH WIND WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. * LOCATION...MATANUSKA VALLEY WITH THE HIGHEST WINDS THROUGH WASILLA AND PALMER. * WIND...NORTHEAST WINDS 25 TO 50 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 75 MPH. * TIMING...WARNING LEVEL WIND GUSTS WILL DEVELOP AROUND NOON THURSDAY AND CONTINUE OVERNIGHT BEFORE DIMINISHING FRIDAY AFTERNOON. * IMPACTS...TRAVEL MAY BE DIFFICULT. TREES MAY BE BLOWN OVER. LOOSE DEBRIS CAN BE MOVED AND DAMAGE PROPERTY.A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS A HAZARDOUS HIGH WIND EVENT IS EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. PEOPLE ARE URGED TO SECURE LOOSE OBJECTS THAT COULD BE BLOWN AROUND OR DAMAGED BY THE WIND.

Post Thanks / Like
    Again?????

You guys are getting blown constantly. maybe ought to think about hangers...
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aktango58 View Post
    Again?????

You guys are getting blown constantly. maybe ought to think about hangers...

I think about mine every time the wind blows, it snows, or I fly in the winter.......

How did I do without?

Post Thanks / Like
    Out here in the Valley we measure wind speed by the size of appliance that rolls by. I just saw my 31 ft upright freezer go by. I really liked that thing. It's one of those old school heavy ones that sucks the electricity but freezes things very fast. Now it's laying in the back yard pretending it's a chest freezer.

Of real concern is Fishhook Golf Course is on fire in this wind.

Jerry
    If it looks smooth...it might be

If it looks rough...it is!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jerry,
    My BBQ left the deck sometime this afternoon and one of the Labs is missing too. Can you call me when they get down by you?
    If you had managed to fill that freezer, it would have held out until we hit 80 mph.
    Godspeed to our Firefighters, they're going to need it tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

I'm not sure if I would notice another BBQ around here but if your dog shows up I'll make sure he can't fetch birds and I'll give you a call. If he can I'll give you my dog.

As for the word fire - we are a bit on edge around here. A lot of friends down wind. One friend was celebrating the smoke with a shot of 18 year old Laphroag. I think they have it under control.

Jerry
    If it looks smooth...it might be

If it looks rough...it is!!