• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Mackey SQ2 for sale?

Hey Jim try posting a wanted ad in the classifides.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if a call to Backcountry Cubs would reveal how many are completed and flying. That might give a clue as to what the odds are of finding one. My guess is that there are less than 10 flying. Perhaps a FAA data base search would give some ideas and also a list of owners names and addresses. Then a form letter asking if the owner would consider selling and at what price. As SteveE pointed out, for enough money some owners might be tempted.

Just my 2C (please don't yell at me, it really hurts my feelings and adds another week or two to my therapy):oops:

Bill

Jim I hope it's not another pilot who thinks it's all about the airplane and not about the seat time that makes a plane do amazing things.

Glenn

Bill,

Are you in more therapy than than building a plane?

Shucks, you need to either not sell the Hatz, (at least until I get a ride:p) or go fishing more;-)

Glenn;

My friend is a pretty competant pilot. Has a hangar full of planes. I think hes like the rest of us, looking to burn less gas and still have fun. I have been to the Bahamas with him twice in his Cheyenne, you need your big boy pants on when you whip out the credit card to fuel up that bad boy. I think he has spent a fair bit of time researching kit built cubs and really likes the SQ2.
I know he is like me, not enough time to fly, say nothing about building one himself.

JIm

I think the SQ2 guys are coming out with something new, i would like to see whats up? Maybe hold on a little bit.

There has been an SQ2 for sale in AK off and on for a while, I believe it was based out of Seward. I'll look for the info.

I wonder if a call to Backcountry Cubs would reveal how many are completed and flying. That might give a clue as to what the odds are of finding one. My guess is that there are less than 10 flying.

Actually closer to 20 flying now, from what I hear, along with two SQ-4s.

SteveE is right, it's mostly going to be a matter of throwing enough money at a current owner that they just can't say no.

Scouter, PM sent regarding your best options.

Back