• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

San Diego to Baltimore Oct 1

I better wait until there is no rain in North America. The forecast looks pretty nice to me, plan is to go east until we can't.
Thanks for the invite I'll Pm you for details. I'll see some of you at John's OBP fly-in.
Thanks,
Nick

Hoping to get you home faster than that. :lol:

The Decathlon is a wonderful airplane, but not really suited for on thousand foot strips, in my opinion. You should have a great trip - you have chosen the perfect time. If those are not thunderstorms you may be able to continue in light rain.

I have taken that SFRA course, but so far cannot seem to get credit for it. Operating in there is not pleasant, but controllers make it as easy as possible.

In grant NM. I'm having a fuel cross feed issue. The left side wont drain. My legs are no more than 1:45 due to the fuel issue. Hope to make it somewhere in the middle of the country tomorrow.

If you stop into KSET or go near STL during lunch, let me know and I'll meet you. I'll be working at the hangar or near by all week.

Also I can offer a place to stay but I live about 35 minutes away.

Diana has a beautiful strip. Its worth the visit. Plus she likes Citabrias. Maybe you can talk her into making Johns fly-in. The weather is just a normal day, rain and clouds, no hail, hurricanes or torndados in the last 24 hours. Have fun will catch you at the fly-in

In grant NM. I'm having a fuel cross feed issue. The left side wont drain. My legs are no more than 1:45 due to the fuel issue. Hope to make it somewhere in the middle of the country tomorrow.
Ouch that's like taking a buss load of kids somewhere...

Nick, Obama is in Ohio on Friday for his weekly visit. Watch for the TFR. A much bigger concern than a few rain clouds

I'm at diana's for the night gonna try to unplug the check valve in the morning. Heading as far as I can.

Diana has a beautiful strip. Its worth the visit.
What a nice thing to say...thank you. :) We hope you come back and see us again sometime.

Maybe you can talk her into making Johns fly-in.

I'd love to attend one of these day. Seems like we always have something else going on this time of year.

I'm at diana's for the night gonna try to unplug the check valve in the morning. Heading as far as I can.

Tom and I really enjoyed visiting with you guys. :) We hope the rest of your trip goes well.

I have a few photos I'll post shortly.

Photos from the farm.

Attachments

• Decathlon and barn 2 (1632 x 1224).jpg
    Decathlon and barn 2 (1632 x 1224).jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Nick and Jason 2 (1632 x 1224).jpg
    Nick and Jason 2 (1632 x 1224).jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Decathlon taxiing out (1592 x 885).jpg
    Decathlon taxiing out (1592 x 885).jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 115
Thanks everyone made it home this evening. Nice tailwinds all day.

Tom and I really enjoyed visiting with you guys. :) We hope the rest of your trip goes well.
Thank you again Diana and Tom. If you are ever out my way I would love to repay the favor.

Thanks everyone made it home this evening. Nice tailwinds all day.
Glad you made it home okay. Did you get the fuel cross feel problem fixed?

Thank you again Diana and Tom. If you are ever out my way I would love to repay the favor.
You're welcome. :)

I forgot to show Jason our iPad leg strap we use in the Citabria. Here is a link to a review of the MyClip leg strap:

http://www.eaa.org/sportaviationmag/product_reviews/myclip.asp

Back