I am hoping to try out the new 31" ABW this afternoon and have had a few suggestions as to how to maximize the life of these tires.
Facts for Me:
1. I am on an all-asphalt airport (KANE)
2. I am not sure that the Metropolitan Airport Commission will smile upon me landing short, or on the grass beside the runway
Suggestions thus far...
1. Run at 12 lbs if on asphalt
2. Run at 10 lbs if on grass
1. If you have to taxi on asphalt, try to minimize taxiing distance by accepting intersection departures
2. Make WIDE turns, avoid acute turns
1. If possible, touch down short of the threshold in order to "spool up" the tires before setting down on the asphalt
Any other suggestions/opinions?
Many thanks to you.