• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Installing the Firman belly pod.

Ouapetec

Eastern Canada
Installing the Firman pod is quite a straight forward procedure. Bob has been very generous with his time answering my questions, but since I'm on floats, I'm a bit puzzled with the water rudder retract cables...... Like Bob told me, there are numerous different water rudder installations so, whatever I can come up with that works should be fine. Wondering if someone would have done this kind of rigging and would like to share??? I guess what I'm looking for is some way that will work,,, without me putting too many holes in my belly.........:oops:

Any idea will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Karl

mount a pulley on the spreader bar to pull the pull up cable down below the pod and then back to the rudders.

I used a piece of stainless to build a wrap around clamp for the pulley.

Thanks aktango 58, this rigging looks like the reasonable solution. Tell me, which size pulley did you put on there?? I'd have, I'd say about a 60 - 70 degrees angle, I guess a larger diameter pulley would work best.......

Finally installed and all cables connected. Made a bracket with a pulley, and mounted it to the rear spreader bar. Works OK....

photo 3.JPG

karl

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 211
Did you have to slot your door for the right/starboard rear wire? And if so how do you like the operation of your modified door?
Thanks.

Yes jk, we did have to slot the door. It actually is not bad as the slot is only about 2" X 1/4" and at the very bottom of the door. The integrity of the door should not suffer from it. I'll install two straps, one on each side, to stop the door from hanging down low and leaning against the flying wire, then it will be done...

Last edited:
Back