• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Pics of Cabin Air Box installation for PA-11 and/or PA-18-90

supercub

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate w
I'm looking for pictures of the cabin heat air box on a PA-11 or PA-18-90. Need to see how the air is fed to the cabin heater box, plus how the cable is ran for the cabin heat box. Thanks
Brian

Brian

Cant find the pictures that would help you but have the hot air "IN" from the Muffler coming into the front of the box and the "Bypass" dump going straight down. It works well for swinging the engine on the engine mounts for maintenance.
So when Cabin heat selected to "on" the airflow is directly aft through the box, rigged that way the Heater cable is a Pull for Heat on and push for Heat off, we have the heater cable in the lower edge of the instrument panel 1/3 of the way in from the extreme right .

HTH

UKCN

Thanks HTH, if you could find those pics, it would help a lot. Do you know if your airbox is the same as PA-18 airbox, seems like the PA-18 has the hot air coming into the top and dumping out the bottom. Pics would help, but thanks for the reply.
Brian

PA-18-95 Heater box

DSCF0005 (1).JPGDSCF0002.JPG

Here are some rather scrppy shots of the heater box, I was wrong with my orientation in my first post, the bypass hot air goes out to the right pointing at the exhaust rather than at the gascolator (which I have seen on other machines) the other pic just shows the control cable routeing to the control arm and is shown in the bypass setting with the arm fully to the left of its travel and the control cable fully extended so the cockpit position is fully in. - clear as mud?

UKCN

Attachments

• DSCF0005 (1).JPG
    DSCF0005 (1).JPG
    320.4 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    309.1 KB · Views: 223
Back