• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

EDO Float Fittings - limit for elongation of bolt holes

I have bought my Wiplines second hand without the fittings. According to the wipline installation drawing the EDO fittings can be used, only the attachment hole for the rear strut bolt has to be drilled out to 3/8 in order to get the AN6 Bolt in.

I have bought my Wiplines second hand without the fittings. According to the wipline installation drawing the EDO fittings can be used, only the attachment hole for the rear strut bolt has to be drilled out to 3/8 in order to get the AN6 Bolt in.

When you purchased the floats did you purchase the STC too.?

Note,

If you make this part, you need to have the aluminum sent to a heat treating places and have them anneal the aluminum, then bend it, then re treat it!

If you do not, it will crack when you bend it.:evil:

Also, use a roller that spans beyond the edges of the material you are bending. :oops:

Have extra stock, it will take a couple of tries to figure out how much to bend it for the spring back to be correct.:nutz:

I have a couple of feet of this stock annealed some where from a previous project... hence my statement above:bang

Put a pressed in bushing in it made from 7075-T6 Al. Looks like edge distance is plenty. keep od of the bushing small enough to maintain the edge distance.

John

Back