• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

PA18 Fuse

Helmetfire

FRIEND
Caldwell, Texas
There's a gentleman on Barnstormer's by the name of Spraker selling tack welded fuselages for $3000. Anyone here familiar with his work? Seems like a good deal thought I'd run it by here first.

Thanks

Aaron

That doesn't include any fittings if memory serves me correctly. Iflylower's frame started life as a Spraker fuselage. Took a little tweaking to fit the jig but Cal, Jess and DW got it done and Cal is now flying it. All it takes is time and money. ;)

100_0637.JPG

Attachments

• 100_0637.JPG
    100_0637.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 206
Jay at Javron will also sell a Tac welded fuselage but his are about half welded. All the tough and critical welds are finished in the jig so you get a straight and accurate product. May cost a little more but would be well worth it.

Bill

My fuselage was Spraker also. Had to tweak a little as Steve mentioned. I thought he retired?

Man, the stories about the 'I have a ready fuselage...' of IFLYFINALLEY's have mellowed..

the original story seemed to end: should have started with a better product...

I like Bill's idea. Cheap in the front may cost WAY more on the other end.

Cub Crafters had a certified servicable fuse for sale recently.The ask was 7K.

Man, the stories about the 'I have a ready fuselage...' of IFLYFINALLEY's have mellowed..

the original story seemed to end: should have started with a better product...

I like Bill's idea. Cheap in the front may cost WAY more on the other end.

I agree. I had never heard of Javron until Bill started his thread. The more I hear about them, the more I like them. Judging by their website, their parts look good too.

Maybe sprakers adjusted a few things? Bugs if you had to tweak a little what did you have to do and how was the rest of the product? i bet if you even ask jay hes had growing pains.

P10000281.jpg

This is the fuselage jig at Javron.

P1000039.jpg

Tac welded fuselage ready to be packed up and shipped out.

P1000040.jpg

Critical weld. This is a wing attach fitting. Beautiful workmanship.

Bill

Thanks everybody! I think I've decided against this fuse. Still looking at my options for an experimental build, I really like the idea behind the Super Chub and I found a welded 2+2 fuse so who knows...

Back