• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Ethanol Free Gas in Texas

Bouncer

Geronimo, TX
Just FYI for folks in Texas. I found a refinery out of Corpus Christi that sells ethanol free 87 octane gas. You have to buy at least 500 gallons though. I and a few other guys split a 1500 gallon load (delivered to two areas). The price was $3.25 delivered from Corpus up to the San Antonio area.

I know some states have good availability on non-ethanol mogas, but in my area it's very hard to find.

-John

No, I'm not at the Aerodrome, I'm just a few miles east of KBAZ. I have a roadable 500 gallon tank I keep at my house. If you want to stop by on a weekend I can fill you up, but my strip is only 700 feet long. Jim Hohlt and another guy over at Zuehl took 500 gallons also. I could give you his number if you'd like. I have another 500 gallons at our dealership in Seguin if you want to come by and bring some gas cans. We're not licensed to sell fuel for road use, but as long as it's only for your lawnmower it's okay.

Hi John,
Thank you for the kind offer! I actually own a J3 Cub (65hp) and keep it in Stonewall, about a mile West of the LBJ national park. 700ft is good for the J3, but the flight to get there would take eons:) Do you own a Super Cub? There are a few out here.

Skunker, yes I have PA18-150...lots of fun, but not much faster than your J3.

Shotgun, it's called Startex Gas & Oil. They are the distributor but I believe they're owned by the refinery. That's all I know.

Here in N. Texas , Corsicana, Tx has, ethanol free gas. There is not enought to go around. Some of the guys drive over with 5gal cans to get it. When I go Flyfishing up on White River ,out of Mountian Home, Ark. The Citco stations have big signs Ethanol free gas.

Yeah, it's weird. I tried to find ethanol free gas stations in my area on the internet and they just don't exist. It seems there are plenty of places in Oklahoma and other states. It really puts a damper on the fun for those of us with autofuel stc's.

Steve, I had never heard of Graham, TX until the other day I was heading up north and happened to glance at the GPS just in time to see Graham. Reminded me of a time many years ago when a couple of buddies and I landed at Possum Kingdom and "borrowed" somebody's pick-up (there was a magnetic key box under the fender) to cruise around the lake. Don't know who's truck it was, but it sure was nice of them to let us use it.

180 Marty, 2 years ago , a friend went to Venezula Flyfishing. I asked him if he noticed the price of Diesel, He said .32 or .36 cents a gal. But the most interesting thing was ,all the Mega Yatchs, out in the bay waiting to be fueled up.

180 Marty, 2 years ago , a friend went to Venezula Flyfishing. I asked him if he noticed the price of Diesel, He said .32 or .36 cents a gal. But the most interesting thing was ,all the Mega Yatchs, out in the bay waiting to be fueled up.
Pretty interesting. Sounds like Citgo has to be pretty profitable. Wonder if any of those yachts were really tankers in disquise loading to haul fuel for up here?:lol:

I have sailed long distance races down to VeraCruz, Mexico. I thought about buying diesel and bring it back, if I had the right sailboat. Bruce Roberts design kit built. There diesel is 500parts per millon.

And Venezuela sure appreciates the business.:smile:
I'd rather give my money to Hugo then be forced by Barak to put 15% ethanol in my lawnmower.:evil: If it comes down to a vote between Charles Manson and Barak Obama I'll take crazy Charlie because at least I know where he stands.

Has there been any new updates on non-ethanol fuel availability in the San Antonio area? Still looking for some...avgas is clocking around $6 in Fredericksburg...ridiculous. Seriously hampering my enjoyment. I got a 50gallon fuel tank on a trailer that I'm looking to fill up with autogas somewhere!

Fly to Castroville or Hondo $4.95 and 5.05, just a short hop.

Thats what we do from KERV!

agbq81, I got a J3 cub and keep it in stonewall, so it'll be a long flight for me. I came upon a guy on a BMW forum talking about a gas pump in San Antonio that has no ethanol. The post was dated 3/2012. I registered on that BMW forum and waiting to hear back from him.

John Ewald, do you have non-ethanol gas at your Boerne tractor store?

VP Racing Fuels sells an 87 octane fuel called MR12. They also have about 50 other specialty fuels. http://www.vpracingfuels.com

I'd inquire as to whether a stabilizer is required to prevent the fuel from going stale or varnish accumulation. They also sell C9, which supposedly doesn't go bad and lasts 2 years in the sealed barrel. That's 96 octane.

I've been told Jim (with the DC-6 at Zuehl) buys from them. He also flies a Cub, BE-18, and T-28, so I'm not sure which fuels he's buying from them.

On a tagent, the new "Super Legend" Cub is going to be powered by a Lycoming 0-233 (I think?). My understanding is that this engine will be certified for 100LL and auto-gas with and without ethanol. Does anybody know anything about this engine? Any chance this technology will be applied to the 0-320 and 0-360 series?

Back