• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Sherpa Aircraft Company

Darrel Starr

Plymouth, MN
I have heard that the K650T Sherpa is here at Anoka County Airport although I haven't seen it yet. The second hand story I've heard is that the turbine powered Sherpa was the main item of value when the company was purchased by two investors recently. Has anyone else any information on this story? Did Sherpa close and now is being liquidated?
Thanks, Darrel

Was in a hangar at Anoka about three weeks ago and saw the plane. PM me and I can give you a little more info.-----tom

I saw it a few months ago disassembled in Greg Herrick's Golden Wings Museum hangar at Anoka County Airport in Blaine, MN.
The plane was flown to KANE but found to have wing structural problems. I think that H.O. Aviation has the job of redesigning and rebuilding it.
I've heard that it might go on amphibs.

I just talked to Glen Gordon at Sherpa. He gave me permission to post the text of an email he sent to me today which he wrote to me after reading this thread -- the email clarifies information regarding the status of both N650SA and the Sherpa Aircraft Co.

To: dvstarr@aol.com
Sent: 12/28/2011 2:10:37 P.M. Central Standard Time
Subj: Sherpa K650T
Dear Mr. Starr,
I received word that there is some false information posted on what appears to be a supercub news site. I would be happy to fill you in with correct information so that you could more accurately reflect the facts. For your information the aircraft in question (N650SA) was a prototype that was delivered to Greg Herrick and Steve Appleton in August of 2010. During our test flying of the prototype we became aware of several changes that are being implemented in our new production run. These changes were not structural and were simple changes made to improve the performance. Reference to a change of ownership of the Sherpa Corporation as well a liquidation of assets is totally unfounded, and I would like to know where you received this information. Please feel free to call me if you would like more details or have further questions.

Glen Gordon
Sherpa Aircraft
503-330-7152

Back