• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Monster Extended Gear

SuperCruzer

I am trying to find information on the Extended Gear found on the Double Ender, and Doug Kellers Hot Rod Cub possibly a dimension and a manufacturer. Looking to use the same gear on a Smith Wide Body with a 3400 tail wheel and 35s with AOSS. Thank you

I am trying to find information on the Extended Gear found on the Double Ender, and Doug Kellers Hot Rod Cub possibly a dimension and a manufacturer. Looking to use the same gear on a Smith Wide Body with a 3400 tail wheel and 35s with AOSS. Thank you

I believe Doug builds his own, pm him and ask.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Check with Burl before you get to carried away if you want the AOSS system. He doesn't like to make the lower leg any longer than a 3" extended gear. Does any one remember the grossly extended gear that the Thomson Brothers showed up with in Gulkana sporting 6.00 x 6's for AOA but quick gyroscopic spin up?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb." Ben Franklin

Ha... how'd I miss that one...

On the 3X3 gear the AOSS works just fine. Doug doesn't make them any more CC has the fixture for the 3X3

On the 3X3 gear the AOSS works just fine. Doug doesn't make them any more CC has the fixture for the 3X3

one thing I have wondered about with the gear forward:

is how the geometry of the shock/strut bolts changes as it travels, since axel is now 3" in front of cabane V............

did they do something different/and or different cabane V, or just let things bind some or????????????

Doug kept things in plane; he wouldn't let things bind. He put an offset block reachng rearward down at the wheel end of the gear leg.

CubCrafters puts in some flexible bushings, if I remember correctly.

The first is more rigid in a sideload, the second slighty lighter.

Last edited:
Back