• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Cracked MA3-SPA bowl ...

George

Huntsville, AL
Would it be easier to just replace whole carb or try and find a bowl? MA3-SPA (10-4252). It came from Kelly-Aerospace and it went out of warranty as soon as we tighted the drain plug to stop the nagging leak and then went with the sealer.

Call Ted at:

405-413-4972
Velocity Shoppe
724 Britton Rd NE
El Reno, Ok
He should have parts of a lot of old junked carbs in stock.

Let me check in the shop I may have one I will give you. Sorry I just looked and it`s a top I don`t have a bowl.

Last edited:
Call Ted at:

405-413-4972
Velocity Shoppe
724 Britton Rd NE
El Reno, Ok
He should have parts of a lot of old junked carbs in stock.

I called, no joy. Now I've got a worthless core thanks to Kelly. I've got me to blame too for not returning as soon as it leaked with the OH drain fitting and safety wire in place. But Kellys quality control doesn't exist.

Last edited:
We avoid Kelly Areo Space Products like the plague. They just have to many quality control issues.

I called, no joy. Now I've got a worthless core thanks to Kelly. I've got me to blame too for not returning as soon as it leaked with the OH drain fitting and safety wire in place. But Kellys quality control doesn't exist.

Call them back and tell them you will have your mechanic fill out an SDR if they will not correct the problem.

....and it went out of warranty as soon as we tighted the drain plug to stop the nagging leak......

isn't it amazing how only a new things break..... and painful $$

I cracked a brand new brake caliper tring to get that 45' fitting pointing just right.....NEVER broke an old crusty one of course.....

had an instrument glass crack on a new instrument that I still never figured out... never on an old one...

... had an instrument glass crack on a new instrument that I still never figured out... never on an old one...

In 1997 I had an A&P/IA crack the glass on new AI. He was pissed that I wanted to replace it and approached his work with the same attitude (pun intended).

Back