• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

how to videos..

mike mcs repair

chugiak AK
testing.... hmm why are they not making them inline now?!, ok had to edit tag by hand, it was not adding first tag right..

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. In fact thanks for making these. I always refer people to your site as a great resourse. Keep it up - we appreciate it.

BTW - You need a bigger shop.

Jerry

Last edited:
this is the method you will use(minus all the lathe steps of course) to simply make, say an emblem for your cowl, or a belt buckle or whatever...

just print it, zap it, pack it in sand and pour it....

pattern made as above and glued to a board with 3m contact cement.
photo.JPG

lazy first try, didn't bother making closed mold... and it shows :-(

DCAM0005.JPG

http://www.granthams.com/ will sell you a longer dvd and all the supplies... you make rubber stamps same way, just a different resin from him....

Attachments

• DCAM0005.JPG
    DCAM0005.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Oh yeah! I discovered AvE a while back. Watched for hours. What do you mean inappropriate language Mike :) ? Very much a gear heads gear head...

I do a lot of open mold casting. I always mean to make a real-genuine flask but don't have the patience . Just want to pour it right now.

hmmm... i posted this to the wrong thread tonight... i meant to post to the thread about OTHER's cool how to videos, not mine... ANYONE GOT A LINK TO THAT THREAD? dang, i was a fat & long haired hippy looking thing in those...

Back