• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Weatherhead Check valve for brake reservoir

Fortysix12

RanchAero Grand Vista, Brooksville
I can't seem to confirm which part I actually need for hooking up a reservoir incorporating the use of a check vavle assy in conjunction with a reservoir tank. I want to connect a reservoir tank to my North River boosters. Is this it -06904E-604, WEATHERHEAD ? Univair sells a weatherhead check vavle but no idea if it is actually what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

The guy that designed the first boosters had a weatherhead check valve that he said worked. Im positive he posted somewhere here also with the part number. Maybe try a (search). Somewhere in my plane stuff i know i have it written down also and if i find it i will let you know. After using my boosters for about 8-9 years now, Im not really sure i want to mess with a reservoir anymore. I let about 6 drops out in the early summer and use a syringe and add the 6 drops back in the late fall and thats so easy to do while im checking things anyway. I usually pump the brakes a couple of times then apply the park brake, then, open up the screw to add. I would like to have STEVES to eliminate my little ritual but its actually not to bad. Should be looking over the brake items a couple of times a year anyway. doug

mike mcs repair said:
:pop:

???? you might be letting fluid in, but how does it let it out when relaxed?
thanks stewart.. from that thread..

The solution is to replace the P/N 8406 adapter with a Weatherhead 63x4 check valve. Set it up similar to the above picture of jimboflying's cub. Except, use the check valves instead of the needle valves. The check valves are adjustable in that the spring tension can be set by adjusting the set screw. Set it so that the ball is just off it's seat so that fluid will flow in both directions with no pressure on the system. When you step on the pedal the initial force will close the ball check and the brakes work normally. This setup has been flying here trouble free on an "experimental" cub for at least 15 years and we have never had to add fluid or do any other maintenance.

Back