• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Help keep ethanol free mogas available

3db

Sisters, OR
If you are looking for ethanol free mogas you have probably heard of the web site www.pure-gas.org, which lists locations around the country to find sources.

The owner of the site has started a petition to send to EPA administrator Lisa Jackson, who actually has the authority to make sure ethanol free premium unleaded gasoline is available. You can sign the petition and add your comment at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-pure-gas/

Please sign the petition if you need ethanol free mogas for your flying. If nothing is done by the EPA or state governments in the next year all gasoline in the U.S. will be E10 because of the unintended consequences of the federal RFS mandate in EISA 2007, which ironically is not a mandatory E10 law, but is having that effect.

Just a heads up. I signed this petition and started getting a few e-mails from environmental organizations. Not a bad thing and easy to turn off. I 've got 2 or 3 in the past 2 weeks and I just click on "unsubscribe"

Rich

I can't remember where I read it (here, EAA or AOPA) but this petition might be related to a similar action. What I read was that some sort of legal steps have been initiated regarding this matter with the federal government. The action requires a period for public comment before a ruling can be made. As I understand it the government agency over seeing this set the period for the public comments to end in 2099! I am not making this up but I hope what I read was incorrect. If correct, I can only guess why it was set for 2099; very effective way of following the legal steps and shutting us up. Any one else know if this is related to the petition or another issue on the same topic?
Marty57

Gas

I just stopped in today to fill up my truck. Ethonal free gas. I asked if it was reg or premium gas, she said it's regular gas. Don't know if she really knows. All the pilots in the area get there gas cans filled there and it works great in our planes. $3.14 per gallon.

Bill

Marty

It's the same petition. The fact that the comment period is open until 2099 MAY be a procedrural thing, or it may be another way to tell us to get lost.

Keep the faith, baby....or was it "keep the baby, Faith."???

Rich

We can't get it in this state anymore. What's maddening is we have 3 receiving facilities on the coast that have unblended 91 that they can dispense through the rack. One can't even get them to at least return a call....

So, we need fuel. 10,000 gallon loads minimum. Within a reasonable trucking distance of Maine. Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Marty57 said:
I can't remember where I read it (here, EAA or AOPA) but this petition might be related to a similar action. What I read was that some sort of legal steps have been initiated regarding this matter with the federal government. The action requires a period for public comment before a ruling can be made. As I understand it the government agency over seeing this set the period for the public comments to end in 2099! I am not making this up but I hope what I read was incorrect. If correct, I can only guess why it was set for 2099; very effective way of following the legal steps and shutting us up. Any one else know if this is related to the petition or another issue on the same topic?
Marty57
The topic you are referring to is the petition to the FAA to to change the Third Class medical requirement for most pilots. http://www.potomac-airfield.com/dot_petition.htm It is the FAA that set the comment period to forever to, in essence, never have to act on the petition.

Our petition is to the EPA to prohibit the blending of ethanol in premium unleaded auto gasoline. It is an informal petition. It is to get the EPA's attention about how ethanol affects a wide variety of citizens. We are also trying to organize a formal petition for rule making with the EPA if this produces no results but it will come from the aviation community since unleaded auto gasoline is an approved aviation fuel. Of course it is really the FAA's job to insure that other government departments don't thwart aviation, but none of the aviation alphabets cares to hold the FAA's feet to the fire to do their job in this particular case, unlike the 100LL conundrum.

Back