• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Utility snowmobiles

You 550f guys ought to look at Holtzman's TempaFlow. Great invention. Jet for the coldest temps you'll ride in and the TempaFlow will do the fuel adjustments for warmer temps. I've had several in the past. From -30s on the Su to +50 at Arctic Man. No rejetting necessary. Nothing but good feedback from me.

http://www.holtzmaneng.com/

Anchorage is very white this morning. Still snowing hard. Time to get the sleds out. :D

Stewart

Stewart do you know anybody using the Tempraflow? I checked out their site and it looks like a worthwhile mod. I had a Polaris 550 Trail with an altitude adjusting carb system (AACS) and it seemed to work fine. I don't know if it was similar to the Holtzman or not. I was running the machine at 10,000ft and brought it to sea level when we moved and it ran fine. The plugs were an even tan color. I am sure the clutch weights probably needed changed though.

I've installed a few for myself and a couple for friends, all in Polaris Edge sleds. I still have one of those, too. All were beneficial. None ever had a problem or failure of any kind. Holtzman also makes a temp+altitude compensator called an ATAC. I put one in an RMK but took it out because I didn't need altitude compensation and a friend wanted it. I put a TempFlow in it's place. I have not put one into a SkiDoo because for years they had the HAC system built-in. Now my SkiDoo buddies and I have SDIs and Etecs. From what I've heard and read about the 550f it should be a good match. Maybe a call to Holtzman would be worthwhile. Those guys know their stuff.

Stewart

Allright,,, you guys with all the hotshot snowmachines....

Well just hang on... I need to knock the dust off this one and just watch out.. I'm gonna leave you in a cloud of dust....errrr,,, snow...

IMG_3087-1.jpg

So quit your braggin... 8)

SteveE said:
Allright,,, you guys with all the hotshot snowmachines....

Well just hang on... I need to knock the dust off this one and just watch out.. I'm gonna leave you in a cloud of dust....errrr,,, snow...

IMG_3087-1.jpg

So quit your braggin... 8)

Lets go, I'll meet you in the middle say central Ohio in January, will run for pink slips :D or a beer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKeS26lRNRU

Glenn

Hey, Eaton,

Want to sell that thing? It would be a big hit at Arctic Man!

Stewart

Glenn, if you're going to race Eaton, don't get to close to him, he's apt to
flip over on top of you :)

Snowmachines

For just out rippin with the boys I also have some RMK's.

IMG_2602.JPG

Crash

First, looking for jets, check your carborator... if makuni, just do a search...

Second: 550F SkiDoo

I have two Back Country models. just a couple of pounds heavier than the tundra, more power, better suspention. I geared my sled to Tundra gears and what a machine.

Every burn down we have seen with these are from jetting. We had two sleds come from the dealers with the wrong jets :bad-words:

Otherwise, start and run at 50 below. They were great.

Now Ski doo made the tundra line better... put them on the rev chassis with 40 mor pounds of metal......... :oops: :crazyeyes: :bad-words: :bad-words: :x

Back