Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: tools, jigs, fixtures, and other neat stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I would use thin structural epoxy like WEST for epoxy parts. If the viscosity needs to be improved, use powdered cotton flocking, it is stronger than the usual extenders like Cab-O-Sil or microballons.
    What's a go-around?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can read about several different epoxy' in the aircraft spruce cat. and their applications. The problem is if the fiberglass parts are made with different resin's. Some have a wax in them that surfaces when it cures so clean all the surfaces really well with acetone. Also between each lay-up. The general rule is always go to epoxy resin when your not sure of the parts. Also be careful of too much heat by kicking off the resin too fast with the hardener.

www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    not airplane, but just in general.... and this here is why you never get near/under a load... excitement starts at about 6 minute mark... glad he's ok!! he has some great videos, check him out....
    I sent him $100 for his new cable fund(bcbloc01 at yahoo.com for pay pal)... plus I have learned allot from his videos...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bad day, too bad, that will take days if not weeks to recover from. Did you notice the video started in day light and was very dark at the end, long day also.
    Likes mike mcs repair liked this post

www.SkupTech.com mike mcs repair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    Bad day, too bad, that will take days if not weeks to recover from. Did you notice the video started in day light and was very dark at the end, long day also.

yup, and that was a pretty new cement floor he just poured... at least he has a video to go with the story.... and all his big and little parts are still attached to him...