• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Never heard of this before ?

Bill Ingerson

Snohomish Washington
I have heard of using sand and other media's even wallnut shell's for sand blasting. But I just heard that dry ice is sometimes used even on airplanes ? Any one else know of this. There is no mess to clean up off the floor other than paint ect. Never heard of this one before.

CarlM said:
Is there a punchline?
I have tested the process on a project and it was interesting but slow for my clients production needs. The best output was that as the blast media evaporated it dramatically reducing the volume of contaminated/hazardous materials left to be 'properly' disposed of. On a hobby front I think the biggest advantage is that if you plan your work carefully; that much deserved after project beer should be at the perfect temperature when you get finished.

The company I work for uses it to remove Ink and paint from old Printing press machines, to be re-furbished.
It's loud, and messy on our project, but contained in a plastic booth. Works well without contaminating the bearings, etc.

GFREE

I have a friend of mine tha was telling me about this just this weekend. He told me that a shop in WI used this method to strip a DC-3.

Had a demonstration a couple of weeks ago. Wasn't too impressed with it on removing paint on aluminum, seemed pretty slow. On fabric however, it was amazing. He could remove as much or as little as desired. Very easy for him to take it down to the silver, so would be a good choice if your dope is looking rough, but your fabric is still good.

Back