• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Wheel part number change.....minor alteration?

Grant

FRIEND
At Work.....
So my airplane has 6" clevelands ( 40-28 ). One of the wheel halfs is bad. I have another complete set of 6" Cleveland wheels (40-97D). The problem is that the 40-97D wheels would need a 1/4" spacer on each side of the wheel for it to be positioned properly on the axle and make up for the fact that the bearing position on these wheels is 1/2" narrower (1/4" each side of centerline of wheel).

The question is would this be a minor alteration to use these wheels and add spacers?

Thanks!

I just bought a used wheel half for $150 because of damage incurred in a ground loop accident. I would sell the incorrect wheels and get the right part.

Years ago, I bought a "new, old stock" single Cleveland replacement wheel from Preferred Airparts at a pretty good price. Wi=orth a call to them- they advertise in TAP.

Grant said:
The question is would this be a minor alteration to use these wheels and add spacers?

Thanks!

That's a major alteration, unless your suggested alternative is listed in the TCDS.

Back