• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Ski Flying

Nathaniel

Well i've done my first ski flying a couple weeks ago. Then we hit some low level flying. We saw a pack of coyotes on the mississippi river on pine bend. Plenty of deer. Just awsome, now i'm addicted to two things: taildraggers and bush type flying!

As they say in Staples, "That was easy"! :)

Welcome to the DarkSide. Always be careful.
If you're having too much fun, it's easy to get distracted from the job at hand.

Just wanted to share an awesome picture taken last month w my son on a flight south through the Alaska Range.

pa-14CIMG0068_Stitch.jpg

Jerry,

Maybe you have done this before but can you share with us the camera that you use and your mounting techniques? Great videos!!!
Pics would be great if you have them,Thanks.

David

NimpoCub said:
As they say in Staples, "That was easy"! :)

Welcome to the DarkSide. Always be careful.
If you're having too much fun, it's easy to get distracted from the job at hand.

well i'll try dark sunglasses next time. :D

5191H said:
Jerry,

Maybe you have done this before but can you share with us the camera that you use and your mounting techniques? Great videos!!!
Pics would be great if you have them,Thanks.

David

I sent you the info in a pm.

Thanks - Jerry

Torch said:
Nice vids Jerry. I too would like to know what camera you used.

I used the Canon 5DII with a 24-105L Lens. It's a DSLR still with 1080p HD included in the mix. It's difficult to use but if you set it right and get your focus right on it really soaks up the Alaska scenery.

Jerry

Well after a lean winter for snow in upstate NY were makin up for it now, started snowing on Tuesday and now it's Saturday and we just past 36" and it's still comin down heavy, very wet heavy snow, got the driveways and the roofs cleared so let er rip :) the town boy's got all the roads in great shape for now, time to put the snowshoes back on the jury struts.

Glenn

Glenn, we're all grass and mud here.....no joy in the Pen Bay valley.... :cry:

pzinck said:
Plenty of new sticky snow in the western part of maine.

The rain in Maine is falling in the Pen Bay plain....

We did see the sun for 7 minutes today. I timed it. :p

jrussell said:
...We did see the sun for 7 minutes today. I timed it. :p

You're getting there - another couple months like that and you'll be ready for Seattle... :eek:

Back