• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Carbon Cub For sale....

behindpropellers

NE Ohio
I'm sure lots of people have looked at it by now....

I read this in the ad:

425GB Has been professionally covered and painted. The paint used is a high quality PPG paint, the paint scheme is inspired by Swiss Air Force trainers of the 1950s and 1960s

This makes me wonder....

Why not use one of the certified processes and their respective paint?

engine and prop

425GB has a Western Skyways-built Titan EXP OX-340-S-A12N1 “stroked” power plant, rated at 177 horsepower, but bench measured at 186 hp. It has 9-1 compression cylinders.

This engine has only 30 hours on it, and is warranted under the Western Skyways XL Three Year Engine Warranty (XL Engine Warranty001.pdf).

This engine has been set up with a “bush”-style ignition, which combines one mag and one electronic/digital ignition. In case the electronic ignition fails, you always have the mag, and vice-versa.

The prop is a 3-blade carbon composite prop from Catto Props. It’s extremely light and powerful, and helps get this cub off the ground in ridiculously short order. The cruise configuration with this prop has shown ground speeds of around 115-120 mph with engine set at around 65% power.

I wonder if they will make any money on it?
With the price of the kit, engine, prop and paint I bet they are in it for at least 125-135k maybe more.

I would guess it weighs at least 925lbs.

Back