• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Firewall Blanket

supercub

Let me check my GPS, gee how'd we ever navigate w
Where can I buy a firewall blanket for a PA-11.......I believe it's the same as a PA-18. Thanks
Brian

The ones from aircraft spruce, are they black? how do the seams run.......are they vertical ? do they look like the ones from airtex? Thanks
Brian

This is how it came from Spruce with the holes marked.
100_4360.JPG

100_4361.JPG
[/img]

StewartB said:
JoAnn's Fabrics. :lol:

SB

actually you have 1/4" fireproof hi density foam/aluminum foil insulation planks on yours good to like 2000 deg... plus dampen sound, not sure of brand, reeves sells them.....

Wag Aero sells them. They unroll it to the size you need. It is not marked for holes like the Spruce's is. It is fireproof too. I have seen them installed and they look good.

I'm making some up out of 'Radiant Panel Certified' thermal/acoustic fiberglass insulation material with a quilted vinyl facing on both sides. The vinyl is not plastic looking, more like a fabric. The edges get sewn with a 2" tape, and 'circles' are sewn around the major holes before getting neatly punched out. If you need one, send me a PM or email. supercub180@gmail.com

See images in photo album / Aerodon/ Materials

http://www.supercub.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=28606

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_24791.JPG

Source for PA 18 firewall blanket?
suggestions in this thread either out of stock or no longer avail,
looking for either cut to size, or material to fabricate one.
Thanks

Back