• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Firman belly cargo/fuel pod

ksecub

Portland, OR
I am covering a fuselage and want to make it easy to mount a Firman fuel/cargo pod. Should I put an inspection hole in the belly fabric for a fuel line to transfer through? If so where?

Thanks,
Doug

Landis tanks have the pump bolted to the front brace of the rear seat, left side. Pump is inside the underseat storage box.

No idea if Firmin will do the same.

pod

Doug,
I put my Firman fuel cargo pod on with the fuel line coming up through
a inspection hole under the aft part of the rear seat. The pump under the
seat. Next one will have the line come up the same place with the pump
in the cargo portion with a hydraulic quick disconnect fitting. That way
it will be quicker to take on and off. Wayne

Wayne I have the Landis 32 gl fuel only and the fuel pickup is in a permanent location, I'm going to do the same as Doug with my new cub--- on the firman does the pickup come threw the baggage area of the pod and you can locate it anywhere under the cub or is it in a fixed location?

Dennis

pod

DW,  The tube on mine comes out the top of the tank portion, but I'mgoing to run it back down into the cargo area and hang the pumpon the top against the lid. The only real reason is for quick installand removal.  Also have the drain plug in the cargo area so it doesn't 
get broke off in the brush. Wayne

Back