• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Oil Suction Screen

michael curtin

Vancouver, WA
Have a Exp 18 with 100 hrs on it now,and in doing the most recent oil change I noticed that the manual calls out to pull and clean the screen in the oil pan. Its a O-360 Lyc on a conical mount and I can not completely remove the plug/screen,it hits the diagonal brace on the mount . Has anyone else had a similar problem? Do you need to clean it at all?

Thanks Mike

I clean them at least every annual. Take the nut off the screen and the screen should slide out. It does on everything certified that I have ever worked on. If you engine is making metal it is going to show up in the suction screen first.

I clean them at least every annual. Take the nut off the screen and the screen should slide out. It does on everything certified that I have ever worked on. If you engine is making metal it is going to show up in the suction screen first.
Hi Steve.

I'm doing my first oil change on my new to me PA-12. I'm going to pull and examine the suction screen. My question: Do you have a part number recommendation for the o-ring/gasket that I'll need when I reinstall it? I searched the forum, but didn't come across anything yet. I have the Crosswinds STC, Lyc O-360 A2A. Any help is appreciated.

Stu

You will need the dash number to order the right size. My engine is a Continental C-90, so I don't know what you need for the Lycoming O-360. Sombody else on this forum will, though.

Just following up:

Old crush washer on the left, new one on the right. It's a match. Thanks again for the help.

SP

Attachments

• 20240407_115023.jpg
    20240407_115023.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Back