• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

FAA medicals and high blood pressure

Modified regime to a half-shot of ACV with a water back. Checked my BP a couple times at the grocery store machine, it's kind of all over the place so don't know if that ACV bit is helping or not. A friend of mine swears by fish oil pills for BP control so I'll add that to the mix and see if I can tell a difference.

Eric

Update:
August 12, I stopped taking BP meds. Tonight my BP is 120/72 which is fantastic!!! So there is definately no residual BP medication in my system now. I'm sold on this Resveratrol stuff big time.
www.megaresveratrol.com- two of these pills
3 fish oil pills and 1 vitamin C pill is what i'm taking.

I look forward to other reports form others who contacted me and said they would try this.
Dr. Cliff in Maine

YEOW....pricey! Has anyone shopped around for these things yet?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I noticed you said you take one vitamin C pill per day. Just to climb up on my soap box, I ought to mention that vit C only stays in your blood stream about 12 hours, so you should dose twice per day. In human dosage terms, animals that still have an undamaged gene that makes vit C from blood sugar produce about six grams (6,000 mg) per day when well. 35,000 mg per day when under attack from a virus. After years of experimenting, I've decided that six grams per day makes me mostly immune from viruses, and eight grams per day even more so. There is a timing window that lasts a few hours in the beginning of a flu or cold virus attack that enables you to defeat the virus by taking a 35,000 mg dose and then going to bed. I've successfully used that tactic numerous times. The only time it's failed is when the virus snuck up on me with few symptoms, and that never happened with flu.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Big fan of Linus Pauling...... :-?

Apple cider vinegar with mother (Bragg brand) in a cup of hot water with a rounded teaspoon of honey is not that bad. Taken before bed is also a sure fire cure for acid reflux. Staying away from greasy or spicy foods and chocolate in the evening will also help.

Didn't know apple cider vinegar was good for high blood pressure or arthritis, learn something new everyday.

Crash

Started taking Resveretol , Fish oil and Vitimin C about 1 month ago.
Have not had BP checked yet But I am down to 238 from 260 pounds and was at 236 at some point. Hope to keep losing as that alone should help with BP and it has gotten a little easier to jump in the Cub already! As far as the weight loss I also gave up Coffee and Soda so It is no surprise I am having good results! I know I changed too much at one time for any controlled Study but I Like the results anyway.

Any Updates?

I was following this thread last time it popped up. I'm curious if those who adopted the regime have had any success. I really want to get off the meds.

Best,
O2

Resveratrol?

At over $5 a day, this stuff is pretty darned expensive, especially as a trial. Anyone out there know of a less expensive brand?

Mike

http://megaresveratrol.com/capsule.html

If you get the 240 pill quantity (MR99C) -it's only about $1 a day.
this is the one I've been taking - my high blood pressure issue is completely gone! Yippy!

as for losing weight -I was sick with the flu recently and had a strict diet of two slices of toast & jelly -3 times a day - wow I lost 2 lbs a day over a 3 day period!

Just remember in lab mice - they DID live 30% longer and DID have far fewer health problems if they were taking Resveratrol (the red wine Pill). And a major pharmaceutical company purchased the smaller company doing research on Resveratrol for close to $800 million dollars.

I can't imagine why anyone would not want 30% more time to fly around in your super cub! Think of all the extra social security money you might collect.

cliff in Maine

What else did you do?

Did you exercise more?

Did you eat less?

Did you reduce sugar intake?

Exercise and a responsible diet fixes most ailments, alot safer than putting an untested substance in your body.

I drank 1 quart of ACV, at a rate of 1 tablespoon 3 times a day since my last post. ( I did miss a few days) I had my annual check up at the docs a few weeks ago. BP was 120/82 - the best it's been in 3 years. I lost 4 lbs since my last checkup 7 months ago - not much - but a loss. (not sure of I was wearing my Glock last visut :-? )

I am still taking 12.5 mgs (a granny dose) of Hydrochlorothiazide daily and will continue to do so.

Really, the only thing I changed was the ACV. Maybe it helped?? It certainly didn't hurt.

I found the ACV very palatable mixed in a glass of apple cider or lemonade, just made sure to rinse mouth with water after.

Next I will add a dose of fish oil.

Chris, next time I see you I'll take the Glock :lol: and you can go get weighed somewhere. I'll give it back to you next time I see you.

Tim

I am a blood pressure patient. So this forum is very important for me. I hope here i will see lots of valuable information.

If you want to know how to cure your high blood pressure, go read the diabetes thread -- they both have the same root cause, which is insulin resistance.

I am a blood pressure patient. So this forum is very important for me. I hope here i will see lots of valuable information.
Hi, Luies39, thanks for making this your first post!

We have had two threads relating to "High Manifold Pressure"...aka Hypertension. Please check the most recent one.

http://www.supercub.org/forum/showt...roblems&highlight=hypertension+blood+pressure

I think you will find it helpful. Thanks, again, for posting here!

Randy
Medical Matters Administrator

Thanks for your reply. I will visit your new forum soon. I hope i will get proper information from your new forum. Thanks for your time.

Back