• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Retread bushwheels

phjbak

Can somebody tell me the proper way to retread a set of 29" bushwheels? I understand I can coat them with truck bedliner. What brand and how should this be done? Is anyone doing this in ANC? Thanks.

new rubber

First Time I used Herculiner Bought at Napa, used a quart for two coats on 30" airstreaks...still on them after two years and a really bad wreak.........

I also know and seen them done by bedliner people (pros), and can be done with smooth coating...either way it's tough as nails and really seals and protects.

I'm up Knik River ( AK 66) should you care to see a pair done with the can stuff.... email first or call.

Go get a can mix the !?*+ out of it, wipe down tires with thinner, dry, paint on a thin coat let it get tacky then do a good coat over that....let it cure a few days...do tires mounted and with proper air in them. Go try and knock the stuff off...I tried everything couldn't do it......

take care
p

have you guys ever tried using this stuff on Blimpies?

I've got a hell of a cut in one of my tires and was wondering if there wasn't something around to treat it with to keep it from getting worse.

thanks, db

You might check with AK Bushwheel about an annual trade in program rather than retreading. Might save you some money and keep you in good tires. Not sure what the policy is on it.

sj

bedliner on bushwheels

How is this working out? anyone else tried it? How did you actually apply it? brush, roller, spray?, deflated?

Steve Pierce said:
I hear there is a "Wanted"poster at Bushwheel central with Carey Gray's picture on it. :lol:

That is funny!! Steve, when we walked into the hotel ballroom for the SC.ORG dinner after Sat. at the Airmens tradeshow, looking for an empty seat, I found one at the table where Carey sat. I have wanted his 'formula' for bedliner-retreading, so I blurted-out "hi" and 'what's the formula?' It got quiet at the table and I felt very unwelcome. At the time, I assumed the company was simply 'cool'. Now I'm not sure.

DAVE

Tires

I know alot of people don't have insurance on there planes but the one's that do, I would be concerned that in case of a nasty fender bender a recaped tire could be the cause of a no pay by the insurance company.
I like to save money as much as the next guy, maybe Steve has the best idea see what Bush Wheels might be able to do for trade in's on new tires. Just my 2 cents worth.

Bill

Do a search there's lots of talk on here about bed liner on Bush Wheels.

PS ....Welcome aboard Peggy

I have been running the brush on Herculiner stuff for about 5 years now. I clean(acetone) the low spots and recoat every spring. I like the little grit in the tires. It helps to slow the airplane down instead of sliding along in the mud. It seems to wear off a little in the high spots and stays in the low spots so now when I recoat them they turn out great. I never wear down to the rubber. It's awesome for a rolled on job. The airplane is experimental.

Back