• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Made it to Alaska

Matt 7GCBC

Northwest
From Boise spent a couple great days at Moose Creek then on into Canada. Tried the abandoned rail route from Fort St. James, but got turned back when the ceilings went to ground. Made it up the Cassiar with a nice stop overnight in Stewart, BC. From Dease Lake jumped over to the Inklin and Taku river drainage to come into Juneau for customs. Had a great afternoon yesterday for an air tour of Glacier Bay. The spot tracks give a nice history. Now spending a couple down days in Skagway before heading up the coast in the forecast good weather after the weekend.
Wanted to thank everyone here again for the info and advice on the trip!
If any local or transiting fliers are about, give me a call if you're up for lunch or a brew. GB, sorry we didn't call when we stopped in Gustavus, but the kiddos were near their end for pleasantness. Maybe on the way out the Lynne Canal? AKTango, not sure if you still have the skis on? The landing sites on the numerous snowfields were making my mouth water! Snow looked pretty warm and soft though.

Matt 208 867-6757

Made it

I'm right behind you! Hoping the weather on the coast holds through Wed, Thsday. I leave Sandpoint, Id in a C180 on straight floats, Wed for Kamloops, Nimpo, Bella Bella, Ketchican, Juneau and up. In a lousy economy and changing world, the word Alaska always cheers me up.

Matt, glad you had a good trip. Forecast is clear for early next week, should be a great ride up the coast.

I'll be around until the 10th when I head NW for the real Alaska for a few days. Stop or call if you get by again.

gb

Pat, you might call Steve Burack out of Emmett, Idaho. He is also headed up in a Skywagon on straight floats this week. Steve and his wife operate the fuel stop in Emmett, so if you look up the contact for that, it should get you a hold of Steve. He is a good guy and if he hasn't left yet, would be great to travel with.
Matt

I am leaving today for AK from NJ... after I finally got my new engine in! Gotta run, have a safe and fun trip, everyone! :) And here's to better weather this year than last year! Maybe I will bump into you guys on the way or someplace up there...

I am on wheels again, until I get time for floats.

We are headed to the cabins just up from Haines today, if the winds do not come up...

If you are looking for a nice wilderness weekend, I got 970' of strip, and two spare cabins. Sauna and a new airstrip to build :lol:

Got a hydroseeder with multiple plugs to fix this am, then off.

my # 723-0435

George

Back